3601 South Broad Street
REPORTS TO: Coordinator, Academics
Snider Hockey is a cutting edge program that uses the sport of hockey coupled with a rigorous off-ice life skills curriculum and supplemental educational services to build character and academic skills for high-risk inner-city boys and girls from Philadelphia, PA and Camden, NJ. The foundation provides full equipment, ice time and experienced coaching to more than 3,000 children, at no charge to them or their families. We are currently recruiting candidates for PROGRAM ASSISTANT positions to join the Education staff at our office located in South Philadelphia.
· Applicants must be a high school graduate; a Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
· Applicants will be subject to background checks, including but not limited to a Pennsylvania Child Abuse Clearance.
· Attention to detail and strong communication skills are critical.
· Advanced computer skills are needed and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications is essential.
· Applicants should be outgoing and ready to provide a high level of customer service.
· It is especially important that candidates are comfortable working in a fast-paced and high-profile environment.
· General knowledge of ice hockey is helpful, but not mandatory.
· Receiving internal and external inquiries.
· Processing participant report cards.
· Managing numerous student databases.
· Assisting Site Coordinators with student communication efforts.
· Assisting with preparation and coordination of Snider Hockey events.
· Preparation and distribution of promotional materials.
· Scheduling meetings and ordering office supplies.
· Occasional night/weekend duties in the Greater Philadelphia area are required.
· Perform all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Intellectual/Social, Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will constantly be in leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including but not limited to: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such telephones, copy machines, fax machines, etc.; occasionally moves about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; constantly moves about the rinks and event sites before, during and after events to service clients and supervise staff; constantly moves about the ice rink to coach and coordinate programs; constantly communicates via telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information.
The essential responsibilities of this position are performed indoors in an office environment, but will also be performed in ice hockey rinks, and other special event sites (indoor/outdoor in the weather conditions prevalent at the time). The noise level in the work environments can range from moderate to loud during events/programs, and is minimal during non-event/program times.
FLSA Status: Part-Time; Hourly; Non-Exempt
EEO Status: Administrative Support Worker
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position with Snider Hockey, please send a PDF or Microsoft Word version of your cover letter and resume to Careers@SniderHockey.org. Please make sure to include your full name and the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.