Details: From £38,128 depending on experience
274 Banbury Road
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty. That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty.
The Channel Team’s vision is to inspire the British public to support and work with Oxfam in our mission to end poverty. We achieve this by creating great user experiences online and offline and by championing a supporter-centric approach to communications.
We work with other teams and partners to deliver content aimed at engaging the public and building trust in Oxfam and its work. By taking evidence based decisions and focussing on the needs of our audiences, we aim to maximise support (through money, time, or action) from supporters for Oxfam’s fight against the injustice of poverty.
Delivering on our objectives we will enable our supporters to make a real difference to lives around the world by joining a movement to end poverty.
· To lead, manage, implement and deliver Oxfam GB’s cross divisional email and SMS strategy and operations, ensuring it complies with relevant guidelines while maintaining a dialogue with Oxfam’s supporters.
· To define and deliver internal processes as outlined in the email and SMS strategy
· To champion innovation, testing the effectiveness of new content and techniques
· To regularly present email & SMS reports to senior management
· To work at the highest level within Oxfam, from CEO and director level, on audience engagement strategy and consultancy that will help to shape Oxfam’s public-facing voice.
· To oversee proactive development of new, original and engaging techniques that maximises user engagement.
· To be the lead expert and spokesperson for the whole of Oxfam GB for any email/SMS-related questions/media interviews, conferences, events and best practice queries/work.
What we are looking for
· A dynamic and enthusiastic individual, who has a sound knowledge of digital channels and an interest in Oxfam’s work. The ideal candidate will be excited about learning new skills and delivering multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
· Experience of line management, large-scale management of significant processes and relationships and project management.
· Comprehensive knowledge of email & SMS and relevant regulations (eg. GDPR) including knowledge of at least one major Email Service Provider (ESP)
· Proven track record of delivering creative and impactful email campaigns to a wide range of audiences.
· Ability to demonstrate sensitivity and willingness to learn about cultural differences, gender issues and women’s rights.
· A commitment to Oxfam’s safeguarding policies.
Location: OXFORD (OXFAM HOUSE)
Hours: 36 per week
Salary: From £38,128 depending on experience
Job family: Comms, Strategy and Brand
Job Type: Open ended
7 November 2018
How to apply
If this sounds like you and you would like to learn more about this impactful role please follow this link: https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk/vacancy/digital-channel-manager---email--sms-com0190/9561/description/
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required