Details: Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Rocketship Public Schools is a network of public elementary charter schools serving primarily low-income students in neighborhoods where access to excellent schools is limited. Using a blend of traditional instruction, adaptive technology and targeted tutoring, Rocketship strives to meet the unique needs of each and every student. But we believe that truly transformative schools do more than educate students; they empower teachers, engage parents and inspire communities. Together, we can eliminate the achievement gap in our lifetime.
Rocketship was founded in San Jose, but we realize the achievement gap stretches across the nation. We're opening new schools every year to help reach the millions of students striving in underperforming schools every day.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies matters pertaining to the CEO. The Executive Assistant organizes and manages the CEO’s complex calendar; reimbursements, travel schedule, and assists with special projects. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within an entrepreneurial and fast paced environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented. The ideal individual will be closely aligned with Rocketship’s mission and core characteristics while having the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
• Manage the CEO’s calendar
§ In partnership with the CEO, organize and manage CEO’s calendar for the year
§ Schedule and confirm all meetings
§ Manage any necessary changes with grace and efficiency
• Organize and manage expense reimbursements for the CEO
• Manage all meeting and travel related logistics for the CEO (and other executives, board members, and key stakeholders as needed) such as booking flights, hotels, meal reservations, and compiling relevant meeting documents in advance of meetings
Non Essential Functions:
• Support the CEO (and occasionally other senior staff) with a variety of logistical and support tasks. This includes the direct execution of the tasks and putting in place systems to track and manage a given task that needs to be done on an ongoing basis.
• Support key org-wide events and meetings (e.g. managing logistics for all staff meetings) and other special projects as needed (e.g. support the execution of a ribbon cutting ceremony for a school opening).
• Must have a deep commitment to the mission and desire to have an impact in an innovative, high-performing organization
• Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
• Tenacious and resourceful, with a real “can do” attitude to figure things out
• Proactive and “one step ahead,” able to not only complete a requested task, but also think through the context and implications to go “above and beyond”
• Articulate, able to communicate professionally both verbally and over email
• Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors
• Strong competency with Google Drive (g-mail, g-cal, google docs, google sheets, etc.) required
• Comfort with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) required, along with an ability to learn new systems quickly and confidently
• Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Education background and work experience
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 2+ years supporting senior (C-level) staff preferred, though candidates with other backgrounds who possess the required skills and characteristics will be considered
This role will be based in both San Jose and Redwood City, California. The exact split across the two will vary, but will be weighted toward San Jose (e.g. potentially 4 days/week in San Jose, 1 day/every 1-2 weeks in Redwood City).
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to remain in a stationary position for sustained periods; talk; hear, and interact w/ others.
• This position requires the constant operation of a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as calculators, copy machines, and printers.
• Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
• The employee must have the ability to independently travel between school sites multiple days each week to attend meetings and conduct investigations.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
To submit an online application, please go to the following link: http://www.rocketshipschools.org/join-our-team/network-support-opportunities/
Rocketship Public Schools provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Rocketship Public Schools complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Rocketship Public Schools expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Rocketship Public Schools' employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Minimum Education Required