Details: $21.55 per hour
TITLE: CLINICAL COUNSELOR( MFTI or MSW) Supervision Provided
ACCOUNTABILITY: To Clinical Manager and/or Program Director - DUCC
SALARY: Step 1 - Starts @ $21.55 per hr. With Annual step increases as well as great benefits
Under the direction of the Program Director, and Clinical Manager the Clinical Counselor ensures that services are provided in a manner consistent with prevailing standards of psychiatric care, with applicable Federal, State, City and County laws and regulations, and with Progress Foundation policies and procedures. The Clinical Counselor primary responsibility to provide consistently effective behavioral health clinical services to the clients of the Urgent Care Center. This responsibility includes:
GENERAL DUTIES INCLUDE: Direct provision of psychiatric services; assessment and evaluation of clients mental health needs and conditions; formulating and entering diagnoses for clients mental health conditions into the clinical record. Establish and maintain effective relations with clients, client families and support people, and with the general community; and maintaining a comfortable, safe, non-institutional ambiance in the program. Services must be provided in a manner that is safe and helpful for clients, staff and the general community, and that evidences a non-institutional character that is congruent with Social Rehabilitation (SR) values and principles. Provide direct psychiatric assessment of all newly admitted clients, the on-going monitoring and care of all clients being treated in the Urgent Care Center, and the proper referral of clients upon discharge from the Urgent Care Center.
The Clinical Counselor will also develop and maintain effective relationships with personnel from the CBHS System of Care service providers, as well as related services such as the SFGH Department of Psychiatry, SF Police Dept., the SF Fire Department, Emergency Medical Transport Services, and providers of basic supports such as housing, temporary shelter, and entitlement advocacy. As well as assist as needed with behavioral health services for the Dore Residence ADU
Level of Language Proficiency
- Have a Master's Degree in Social Work or Psychology and registered intern with the BBSE (License eligible)
- Must be able to communicate effectively with medical and mental health staff, and other service providers both orally and in writing.
- Must have the willingness and ability to actively, enthusiastically and effectively engage psychologically distressed clients and maintain a respectful and responsive attitude while providing therapeutically sound services. This includes being respectfully responsive to persons of differing ethnic, cultural, gender, socioeconomic, and sexual-orientation backgrounds.
- Demonstrated on-going emotional maturity, good judgment and effective team work.
- Able to work proficiently on computers and computer-based information systems.
- Must demonstrate ongoing clearance with the California State Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division, allowing direct contact with program clients.
- The employee must be able to quickly navigate several flights of stairs several times a day. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds multiple times during each work shift. In addition, the employee must be able to assist individuals in exiting the facility in the case of an
- Specific experience in residential treatment and/or knowledge of social rehabilitation.
- At least one year of experience in a community mental health program
Progress Foundation is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Bilingual/bicultural, people of color, women, individuals with personal experience as consumers of mental health services and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Employment is contingent upon meeting the above minimum qualifications and verification of previous employment and education.
Upon receipt of a job offer and before commencement of employment, must submit to a fingerprint check and health-screening exam in order to obtain clearance from the State Dept. of Social Services, Community Care Licensing. Valid California driver's license and insurability under the agency's auto insurance policies are preferred. Employment is contingent upon meeting the above minimum qualifications and verification of previous employment and education.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply with Cover Letter and Resume: