TITLE: Case Manager
REPORTS TO: Associate Project Manager
LOCATION: Sacramento, CA
STATUS: Full Time (Exempt)
BACKGROUND: For nearly 40 years, Urban Strategies, Inc. has assisted residents and community stakeholders to design and implement a wide range of transformative projects in distressed U.S. communities. Our mission is that all families will be stable and thriving. Urban Strategies is working with the Sacramento Housing and Redevelopment Agency and other partners under the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s Choice Neighborhoods Implementation Grant, which was awarded to the Sacramento Housing and Redevelopment Agency. Urban Strategies serves as the entity responsible for the People Strategy under this Grant.
The Case Manager is responsible for providing comprehensive case management, referral, and seamless coordination with community and supportive service activities that promote economic self-sufficiency for families, enhance quality of life for seniors and the disabled, and increase opportunities for residents. This position will work with a team of social workers, case managers, relocation and employment specialists, and other professionals to identify appropriate strategies and assist families.
Direct Service Delivery Responsibilities
1. Conduct intake and assessments for residents for enrollment into the case management program.
2. Conduct home visits, office visits, community site visits to collect information from residents in furtherance of Choice Neighborhoods Implementation Grant requirements, and Urban Strategies’ own performance measurements.
3. Works with families to assess, develop, implement, monitor, and recommend modifications to Development Plans using a multidisciplinary process.
4. Utilize knowledge of the local community to assist residents with navigating a variety of social service organizations and public agencies.
5. Identify gaps in services, advocate on behalf of residents, coordinate and monitor service delivery for an assigned caseload.
6. Maintain privacy and confidentiality of all household information given.
7. Enter and track all resident data entered into Urban’s customized performance management system “LEARN” to document resident progress in real time.
8. Attend community supportive services meetings with critical partners and other social service entities.
9. Actively participate in Urban Strategies program meetings and other meetings related to the project.
10. Be available to occasionally work nights and/or weekends, and travel.
11. Performs a range of associated administrative functions, as appropriate, such as monitoring budgets, preparing administrative and programmatic reports and correspondence, and submitting billing documentation, as required.
12. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Education and/or experience required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Sociology, Psychology or other relevant field.
- A minimum of three years of work experience as a case manager, service connector, or other relevant direct practice with low-income households specializing in workforce development
- Commitment to strengths-based and family-focused service planning; ability to understand program philosophies and place-based approach
- Ability and commitment to handle privileged information in a professional and confidential manner
- Ability to function as a team player in both internal and external relationships
- Availability to attend evening and weekend functions as required
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and availability of automobile for work use
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
Skills and/or competencies required:
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
· Strong organizational, planning and time management skills.
· A strong sense of and respect for confidentiality involving both participants and fellow employees.
· Must excel in fast-paced environment
· Ability to work in a variety of settings with culturally-diverse persons and communities with the ability to be culturally sensitive and appropriate.
· The ability to work independently and with initiative, combined with skills for thriving in a team environment to achieve shared goals.
· Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite (Advanced MS Excel), other commonly used software.
Urban Strategies is an equal opportunity employer
Paid Time Off
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please visit http://urbanstrategiesinc.org/get-involved/careers/ for application information.