111 John Street, Suite 260
Summary of Position:
Transportation Alternatives, New York City's advocate for walking, bicycling and public transportation, seeks a CRM Coordinator to maintain the organization's Salesforce CRM and related technologies.
Transportation Alternatives' mission is to reclaim New York City's streets from the automobile and advocate for better bicycling, walking and public transit for all New Yorkers. With over 100,00 active supporters and a committee of activists working locally in every borough, TransAlt fights for the installation of infrastructure improvements that reduce speeding and traffic crashes, saves lives and improves everyday transportation for all New Yorkers. The goal is to achieve Vision Zero -- the elimination of traffic deaths and serious injuries on New York City's streets.
The TransAlt CRM Coordinator is responsible for the coordination and maintenance of the organization's Salesforce CRM and related technologies.
More than 30 staff members use TransAlt's CRM to track relationships, engage with constituents, manage gifts and memberships, and report results. In addition to Salesforce, TransAlt uses other tools to manage its advocacy, email, social media, event registration, action alerts, and petitions.
The CRM Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Maintaining TransAlt's Salesforce database and associated technology
- Training and support of Salesforce users across all departments
- Training and support on associated technology across all departments, including Classy, Pardot, Twilio, and others
- Maintaining business processes related to training, data management, and technology maintenance and enhancement
- Creating analytics -- reports and dashboards -- for programs and organizational impact
- Maintaining the integrity of TransAlt's data
The CRM Coordinator will also play a critical role in the adoption of our new CRM "ecosystem", TransAlt Relate, serving as the point-of-contact for external consultants, and serving as the first in-house tester for all modifications and new tools.
The CRM Coordinator will stay current on new releases and tools, and provide training. TransAlt users have a range of comfort and familiarity with using Salesforce; it is imperative that the CRM Coordinator proactively ask the right questions to identify needs and is able to translate "tech speak" into user-friendly language.
Adoption of TransAlt Relate
- Serve as day-to-day contact with external consultants on finalizing and improving the new CRM
- Manage contracts and relationships with Salesforce and other technology suppliers, as well as consultants
- Act as first-level of testing/feedback to consultants
Be the in-house expert
- Keep up-to-date on Salesforce and related technology releases, provide recommendations for systems improvements, and implement new functionalities
- Manage Salesforce user security settings -- licenses, profiles, roles, permissions and groups -- across TransAlt
- Provide helpdesk support for Salesforce users, including login issues, basic functionality, navigation and analytics support
- Maintain 3rd party integrations such as Pardot, Classy and Twilio; improve and troubleshoot their use and application throughout TransAlt
Be the technology trainer
- Work with staff across the organization who use Salesforce, providing training and ad hoc support for Salesforce and related tools
- Provide staff on-boarding and ongoing training/ad hoc support for Salesforce and related tools
Create strong internal processes
- Proactively gather requirements and feedback to meet staff needs and improve the system\
- Work with the Chief Operating Officer to define data policies, procedures and standards; communicate them across the organization; and enforce their compliance
- Work with Chief Operating Officer and key staff to evaluate processes, systems, and related technology on a regular basis to ensure they are meeting TransAlt's priorities and strategies
- Systematize current processes -- such as create a training video library, standardize helpdesk request submissions, build on-boarding training templates, etc.
Maintain data integrity
- Develop intuitive reports and dashboards to support monitoring, analysis and action; create customized reports as necessary
- Prepare reports as necessary and perform monthly reconciliation with finance department
- Oversee routine data cleaning and data quality checks, including de-duplication, mass updates and uploads, data validation and general cleaning
- Manage seasonal part-time data-entry employees -- direct their work and establish the policies and procedures that they will follow
- Assist with petition and other ad-hoc data-entry as needed
- Aptitude for technology: - demonstrated experience with Salesforce NPSP
- Systems-thinker - demonstrated ability to identify and create processes where none previously existed
- Skilled communicator - ability to communicate requirements, understand personalities, build consensus, and deliver trainings
- Flexible work structure - ability to thrive working both independently and within teams
- Excellent organization and project management skills - constantly striving to plan and understand the next-step. Manage vendors externally and "manage up" internally
- Desire to work in a mission-driven, non-profit organization
- Salesforce experience
- Experience or familiarity with other CRM systems
- Experience managing websites, third-party applications, and integrations
- Nonprofit experience
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match, commuter benefits, indoor bike parking
- Paid time off includes 10 holidays, plus one-week winter break, two weeks' vacation and Summer Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor Day
Please send cover letter and resume to:
job_applications [at] transalt [dot] org with "CRM Coordinator" in the subject line
Transportation Alternatives is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, political orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We value having diverse staff in gender, ethnicity, background and modal preference.
Minimum Education Required