2305 N. Charles Street
The Community Organizer for the Baltimore Partnership to End Childhood Hunger is responsible for the support and facilitation of the Partnership, a City-wide collaboration aimed at increasing food security throughout Baltimore. The Community Organizer's role will focus on community organizing and outreach to further the goals of the Partnership, including building relationships with key partners and expanding food access in Baltimore's Community Schools.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive strategy for expanding food access resources across Baltimore's Community Schools Network, in partnership with Baltimore City Public Schools and local partners.
- Develop an outreach strategy to cultivate and build relationships with community partners, neighborhood associations, and the faith-based community to further the goals of the Partnership.
- Give on-the-ground expertise for local, state, and federal policy efforts related to food access.
- Aid in the development of advocacy, outreach, and communications materials that are clear, concise, and further the goals of the Partnership.
- Provide outreach and education to stakeholders about the Baltimore Partnership; increase community awareness of Partnership initiatives, with the goal of building continued collaboration with other efforts City-wide.
- Support the Program Director of Food Access in communications activities for the Partnership, keeping members updated in a timely manner. This includes but not limited to regular electronic newsletters, legislative and policy updates, and maintaining an active Facebook and Twitter presence.
- Support the Program Director of Food Access in the development and facilitation of Baltimore Partnership's goals and action plan.
- Support the Baltimore Partnership's relationship with Share our Strength.
- With the Program Director of Food Access and Communications staff, assist in the development, and distribution of publicity and promotional materials for various Food Access programs as needed.
- When appropriate, work closely with YouthWorkers, VISTA members, and other volunteers to ensure program goals are met.
- Attend and take part in staff meetings and agency committees as required.
*Baltimore City residency is Required
Family League is proud to offer a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Medical Deductible paid through HRA
- 401k with company match
- Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- Free Parking
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To learn more about this position and to apply online, click here.
Family League of Baltimore values a diverse workforce reflective of the community we serve. Family League of Baltimore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, religious and or political beliefs. We recruit, employ, retain, compensate, train, promote, discipline, terminate and treat all employees and job applicants based solely on qualification, performance and competence.