The TechEquity Collaborative is a startup nonprofit that activates the tech community to create a tech-driven economy in the Bay Area that works for everyone. We believe the tech industry can be a force for broad-based opportunity rather than displacement and inequality. We focus on two issue areas: housing and workforce & labor. And we engage our members in three ways: awareness-raising, volunteer opportunities, and advocacy campaigns.
The Community Coordinator will report to the Director of Programs and will provide support across the organization’s entry points with a focus on event and program support. At TechEquity, we engage with members online via social media, original written content and Slack; and offline via regular events that focus on bringing action-oriented people together to drive equity in our community. The Community Coordinator will assist directly in the planning and coordination of events, driving the growth of our programs through our online channels, and supporting out internal infrastructure managing our CRM.
This entry-level position is ideal for:
- Recent college or community college graduates who are looking to start their careers in tech for good
- Mid-career adults who have admin/program management experience and are looking to change their field or gain new experiences
Specific responsibilities for this role include:
- Executing all logistics for our event series, including securing venues, setting up Eventbrite listings, communicating with attendees, ordering food, managing registration, making sure onsite logistics are handled (A/V, signage, etc), and generally making sure the events run smoothly and provide a good experience for our attendees.
- Coordinating social media promotion with event partners and/or TechEquity network
- Ensuring sponsorship requirements are met (logos are included on listings, etc)
- Managing our event calendar and keeping track of partner and other relevant events are on our radar
- Draft and schedule weekly social media posts for the organization
- Assist with additional online content such as drafting blog posts, weekly newsletters, etc
- Assist in sourcing new and relevant partner content in line with TechEquity’s mission
- Monitor relevant Slack channels and support member questions/needs that may come up
- General admin assistance with CRM such as updating member profiles, uploading event guest lists, etc.
- Assist in coordinating volunteer opportunities for our community
- Assist in coordinating corporate partnership engagements
- 1-2 years experience with admin tasks/office work
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Familiarity with G Suite
- Familiarity or experience with social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Familiarity or experience managing CRMs or customer data
- Bonus points: working knowledge of HTML, CSS, Adobe CS
TechEquity is a very young startup with high growth potential. The person serving in this position needs to be excited to get in on the ground floor of a new organization and able to roll with the dynamism that entails. This means being open to fluidity, being willing to jump in and do the necessary even if it isn’t in the job description, and being passionate about building the organization in partnership with the founding team.
This is a (competitive) salaried position and comes with full health and dental benefits.
TechEquity values diversity. We especially encourage people from communities underrepresented in the tech industry, and Bay Area natives, to apply for this role.
Minimum Education Required