142 Berkeley Street
ABOUT ROOM TO GROW
Room to Grow envisions one day all parents will have the resources they need to unlock their families' potential and become champions for babies and their community. With locations in NYC and Boston, our research-informed program focuses on eradicating the associated developmental and achievement gaps that hinder children throughout their lives, ultimately breaking the cycle of intergenerational poverty. Room to Grow receives referrals from a network of prenatal programs assisting low-income families, as well as members of the community we serve. Upon their referral, families visit Room to Grow's warm and inviting space once every three months starting in their third trimester through their child’s third birthday. During their one-on-one appointments with expert clinicians, we offer structured coaching, material goods ($10,000 retail value over time), and community connections to support parents as they activate their natural strengths and expand their knowledge, so children thrive from the start. For more information on Room to Grow and its program model, please visit www.roomtogrow.org/program.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Room to Grow seeks a candidate to join the Boston External Relations team to support the region’s fundraising efforts, including but not limited to: donor cultivation and stewardship (e.g. individuals, foundations, corporations, community partners), in kind generation (books, toys, clothes, baby equipment), volunteer program management, communications, and special event support. The right candidate is vibrant, customer service-oriented, and a collaborative leader. They will strengthen existing individual, corporate, and institutional partnerships across Boston, while also developing new relationships. The Coordinator will also collaborate with the External Relations team on all elements of fundraising, marketing, and communications, and will look to identify opportunities for expanded engagement and leverage the broad base of donors and volunteers who already support the organization. This position reports to the Director of National External Relations and collaborates closely with the Senior Associate of External Relations and Executive Director in Boston.
This is an exciting opportunity for an early career professional with a demonstrated commitment to fundraising and civic engagement to contribute to the continued success and growth of Room to Grow’s program.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Together with the Director of National External Relations, the Boston Executive Director, and Boston External Relations Team, contribute to and implement the region’s fundraising plan through two key special events and other revenue sources (e.g. individuals, foundations, corporations).
- Work together with members of the External Relations team to meet or exceed annual revenue goals. Participate in the creation, planning and implementation of new and existing strategies.
- Lead relationship management within a targeted portfolio of foundation and corporate funders. This will include cultivation through site visits, collaboration with the National Grant Writer to submit strong proposals and reports, and continuous research and cultivation of new prospects.
- Strategically meet the organization’s needs for inventory acquisition (strollers, books, toys, gear) through developing and building relationships with a portfolio of corporations, individuals, community groups, and other stakeholders.
- Recruit, coordinate, and steward all needed volunteers (e.g. individuals, corporations, community groups) through our volunteer program in partnership with the Site Coordinator.
- Drive strategy to strengthen existing partnerships, identify follow-up prospect opportunities emanating from group visits (major gift prospects, corporate grant/sponsorship opportunities, etc.), and then lead on a number of these opportunities through individualized stewardship including site visits, cultivation meetings, and events.
- Collaborate with respective colleagues on a comprehensive communications strategy and brand stewardship, designed to increase awareness and convey organization's mission, outcomes, and needs
- Support creation and use of organization-wide marketing materials (e.g. developing content for email news blasts and social media posts)
- Partial ownership of targeted campaigns, fundraising mailings, and other solicitation (i.e. Annual Appeal, Annual Report)
- B.A. and 3-4 years relevant experience in development/fundraising and/or a related field
- A passion for the mission, vision, and core values of Room to Grow
- Demonstrated track record in independently managing external relationships and building meaningful partnerships with key donors and stakeholders
- Experience working with CRM databases (Salesforce preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills – articulate and persuasive, with the ability to craft resonant messaging and diligent follow up
- Ability to adjust course as needed and thrive in a nimble, fast-paced, and flexible organizational culture
- An exceptionally high level of integrity, accountability, and superior judgment
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to work
- Proactive attitude coupled with an upbeat personality and a good sense of humor
- Marketing and design experience a plus
Salary and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience. Room to Grow is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit your resume & cover letter in PDF on our career website. No phone inquiries please.