The Campaign for College Opportunity (the Campaign) is seeking a skilled Accountant with nonprofit accounting experience to oversee and manage daily, monthly, and annual financial operations of the Campaign. Ideal candidate is a self-starter, highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task.
The Campaign for College Opportunity (Campaign) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) broad-based, bipartisan coalition, including business, education, and civil rights leaders, that is dedicated to ensuring the next generation of Californians has the opportunity to go to college and succeed. Our mission is focused on removing systemic barriers to student success to substantially increase the number of students attending two- and four-year colleges in the state who complete their college education. The Campaign maintains offices in Los Angeles and Sacramento.
Working under the supervision of the Vice President of Development & Administration, the accountant is responsible for the recording of daily financial and accounting transactions in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and all applicable regulations including those set forth by the Financial Accounting Standards Board, and legal rules and regulations for nonprofit operations designated as IRS 501(c)(3) organizations. The accountant coordinates monthly closings and account analysis with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. The accountant is also responsible for managing the organization’s annual audit and assisting with preparation of annual tax filing. The position is temporarily remote due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic but does require some onsite office work for tasks that cannot be performed remotely. The position schedule is 32 hours per week, Monday through Thursday.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
· Prepare month-end journal entries & reconcile balance sheet/bank accounts;
· Prepare monthly financial reports for Vice President of Development & Administration;
· Responsible for semi-monthly and weekly payroll and PTO reconciliations and accrued payroll/PTO;
· Report and reconcile staff 401(k) contributions for each payroll;
· Work with 401k Third Party Administrator to prepare form 5500 to be filed annually;
· Record and reconcile insurance benefits, and make journal entries;
· Track, monitor, and reconcile expense and income receipts and proper expense allocations of all transactions for budget analysis, and budget-to-actual report production;
· Support the Vice President of Development and Administration with producing annual budget and financial forecast for grant related activities and expenses;
· Maintain and track fixed assets & depreciation schedules;
· Track grant payments and make check deposits at bank;
· Review & record online donations to the correct accounts, and issue payment receipts;
· Track and update contributions and sponsorships;
· Process vendor payments and upload Positive Pay;
· Review and record credit card expenses to the corresponding accounts;
· Gather and prepare schedule and data in coordination with external auditors for annual audit and 990 tax return, and review them for accuracy;
· Maintain and order office supplies for staff.
The Campaign for College Opportunity (the Campaign) is seeking a skilled Accountant with nonprofit accounting experience to oversee and manage daily, monthly, and annual financial operations of the Campaign. Ideal candidate is a…
The Campaign pays 100% medical, dental, and vision insurance premium coverage for you and your dependents and provides a generous match of up to 5% for your retirement contributions. The Campaign provides 12 days paid vacation and annual professional development opportunities as approved by your supervisor.
The Campaign pays 100% medical, dental, and vision insurance premium coverage for you and your dependents and provides a generous match of up to 5% for your retirement contributions…
Excellent proficiency in English language.
Excellent proficiency in English language.
The Campaign for College Opportunity will accept applications for the position beginning September 9, 2021. Interested parties should forward a cover letter and resume indicating “Accountant” in the subject line by email to: email@example.com.
All candidates selected for an interview will be required to submit three professional references. Previous education and work experience will be verified. A credit report will also be evaluated for the final candidate.
The Campaign for College Opportunity is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified persons of every background. All applicants should visit our website to learn more about the Campaign at www.collegecampaign.org before submitting a cover letter and resume.
The Campaign for College Opportunity will accept applications for the position beginning September 9, 2021. Interested parties should forward a cover letter and resume…