Details: Based on part-time employment at 24 hrs. per week
606 Oakesdale Avenue Southwest
InvestED provides immediate help for students in need, encouraging them to get to school, stay in school and graduate from school. We partner with 650 schools and assist almost 25,000 students in Washington State each year with item-specific, need-based funding that has a significant impact on engaging students in school. The items purchased depend on the individual student’s needs and can include academic fees, shoes, sports equipment, glasses, warm clothing and renting musical instruments. Our InvestED team is dedicated to helping even more students achieve their full potential. We provided $925,000 to support students in need during the 2017-18 school year.
The Program Coordinator will report to the Executive Director (ED) and work directly with other members of the InvestED team. The part-time position (24 hours a week) and we are flexible on the schedule. The Program Coordinator serves a critical role in our organization. They are the primary point of contact for the schools and are responsible for ensuring the money we provide is used effectively to support students. The Program Coordinator communicates program changes, best practices and organizational updates to over 650 school district personnel volunteering to administer our program at the building level. Using our proprietary database, our Program Coordinator will monitor spending and respond to school inquiries. Our Program Coordinator will ensure proper use of the funds we provide, maintain program documentation and provide training to school coordinators.
An important role the Program Coordinator will have is analyzing program data to track our impact, identify trends and recommend improvements. The Program Coordinator will also work with our IT service providers to resolve technical issues and participate in events sponsored by our organization.
As our Program Coordinator, you will be responsible for the following:
- Serve as the single point of contact for school personnel on our programs.
- Develop and maintain internal program documentation.
- Develop and maintain handbook for coordinators administering the program in schools.
- Prepare accurate school lists for allocation of funding.
- Manage program database based on Salesforce platform.
- Respond to inquiries from school coordinators regarding login problems or program questions.
- Coordinate database enhancements and changes with vendors.
- Ensure database information is accurate and up to date.
Metrics and Reporting
- Collect and report program data.
- Analyze program impact and trends.
- Collaborate with the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) on data collection and reporting.
- Work with marketing staff to provide timely communications to InvestED volunteers working in schools.
- Collaborate with marketing staff to help raise the profile of InvestED within the education community.
- Collect and share data and student stories to assist in external communications.
- Create digital content for school coordinators to notify them of program changes, best practices and organizational updates.
The person we seek will be/have:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent combination of education and experience) and a minimum of three years of related experience in nonprofit programs.
- Ability to develop appropriate program metrics and to organize and analyze data.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, self-motivated, ability to successfully multi-task and set priorities, and work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems independently and show initiative.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including remaining patient when dealing with school volunteers.
- Strong work ethic and professionalism when dealing with co-workers, volunteers and the public.
- Strong contributor to positive and collaborative work environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and program databases.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of client information and address the needs of a diverse group of clients.
- Health insurance (provided on a pro-rata basis for part-time employees)
- Vision insurance (provided on a pro-rata basis for part-time employees)
- Individual Retirement Account (IRA) with employer match (after one year of employment)
- Free membership to onsite fitness center
- Free parking
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on August 22nd.
InvestED is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women, People of Color and transgender/gender-variant individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.