Full Time Temporary
Position Summary: Responsible for supporting the needs of the Best Friends Network and Community Cat Programs by managing the data systems. Support National and Regional Programs divisions with program analysis and goal setting. Provide ad-hoc analyses and reports for CP&S and other departments as needed. Manage the data collection, consolidation and reporting for the Best Friends Network using Shelter Animals Count as a main tool. Responsible for ensuring the regional teams have access to Network data relevant for strategic program management. Manage the Network application process. Responsible for collaborating with IT and Business Intelligence & Strategy teams to ensure data quality and holistic organization-wide data integration to support NK 2025 strategies.
- Manage data systems for Network Partner data including intake/outcome statistics, Reductions in Shelter Deaths (RSD's), event participation, grant reporting, and contact information. Responsible for data quality in all data sets.
- Working with the Digital, Application Services, and Enterprise Data departments, provide data on Best Friends Network programming and advise on how we can integrate it with existing data systems to provide various business units with information needed for strategic planning.
- Working with the National and Regional Program Departments, advise on what data we should be gathering, and how, in order to hone 2025 life saving strategies and tactics to make them more effective.
- Leverage the Business Intelligence department and external resources for training/education opportunities to continually keep data analytics strategies refreshed and effective.
- Provide regular reports to National and Regional Programs Divisions to inform strategic planning for No-Kill 2025 initiatives.
- Manage Network Coalition in Shelter Animals Count and ensure partners are reporting monthly data.
- Create timely and meaningful reports to fulfill National Programs planning and metrics needs.
- Mentor Network Partners on best practices in data management and suggest improvements to utilize their data more effectively in their operations.
- Support Community Cat programs and other programs in the division with data collection and management needs, including data analysis, goal setting, and providing reports to track progress towards goals.
- Perform ad-hoc analyses and forecasts to assist CP&S and Regional teams in goal setting.
- Regularly report CP&S National Program outcomes in division reporting forms and organization-wide documents.
- Refine workflow around operational processes and implement methods to ensure easy access of information across the division.
- Manage the application process. To include coordinating processes and standard responses regarding application and activation, and troubleshooting issues with application process with pending Partner groups.
- Provide data support to Network Partners in relation to stats reporting in Shelter Animals Count.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Degree in statistics, analytics or related field preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Background in the animal humane movement: 2 or more years of experience working for or with an animal welfare organization.
- Demonstrated high comfort level with mathematics, statistics and data analysis-related skills.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple projects effectively and efficiently.
- Strong skills in analyzing issues and brainstorming creative solutions.
- Highly organized, and analytical with proven attention to detail.
- Demonstrated exceptional communication (verbal and written) skills and ability to summarize data for easy comprehension.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to identify business and procedural opportunities to advance the Network program.
- Ability to identify and escalate critical issues as necessary.
- Ability to make sound judgments and work independently in a multi-department environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Ability to coordinate with multiple parties in resolving issues and providing support.
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Must have proficiency with a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, research, and presentation software (Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Docs/Drive/Forms).
- Comfortable learning new software programs and using online information systems. Able to learn new platforms quickly.
- Must be able to sit, type, and look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally travel away from designated work location on behalf of the organization.
- Ability to work in the presence of both cats and dogs, including large numbers of cats and dogs as in a shelter setting.
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at Best Friends Animal Society. Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.