Details: Salary range and benefits package: highly competitive.
Results for America is a not-for-profit organization focused on helping decision-makers at all levels of government harness the power of evidence and data to solve our world's greatest challenges. To support local government decision-makers, our team at Results for America serves as the What Works Cities Campaign Manager. In this role, we are responsible for the success of the overall effort, including it’s long-term sustainability, scale, and impact. We ensure the effective operation of the initiative, including managing city relationships, coordinating What Works Cities partners and resources, leading What Works Cities Certification, and driving national communications and engagement around this work.
What Works Cities is a Bloomberg Philanthropies initiative striving to increase local governments’ use of data and evidence to improve the quality of life for city residents. What Works Cities helps US cities improve how they track and use information to make decisions about everything from economic development to public safety. What Works Cities is also building national momentum and developing resources to assist cities around the country in doing this work. Additionally, learning networks will provide ongoing support to cities on best practices and lessons learned across cities.
Results for America is seeking a detail-oriented individual with a background in urban, social, or public policy to fill the role of Associate, City Progress. This person will help build and implement core components of the WWC initiative, including the processes and architecture for the second phase of the work, with the goal of helping cities nationwide advance in their use of data and evidence practices to improve resident’s lives. Strong project management and interpersonal skills are essential, and the ability to work as part of a team is paramount. This person will report to the Director of City Progress and work closely with all members of Results for America’s What Works Cities team to continue to grow the impact of What Works Cities nationally.
Position Reporting Relationship
This position will report to the Director, City Progress.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing a portfolio of city governments and supporting the implementation of technical assistance to ensure cities are making meaningful progress toward achieving their goals;
- Contributing to the management of cities participating in the initiative, supporting the Senior Manager, City Progress;
- Assisting with the overall facilitation of information sharing between RFA and core WWC partner organizations including the development, planning, logistics, and content for quarterly WWC partner meetings;
- Coordinate, organize and facilitate in-person city workshops, as is necessary, including planning, outreach and all logistics;
- Working with relevant team members to develop and manage an external outreach plan to encourage cities with populations above 30,000 apply to receive technical assistance;
- Assisting with development of city and leadership coaching models and other products;
- Assisting with the collection and governance of key city data;
- Supporting the design of a high-quality experience for cities participating in initiative; and
- Other tasks and projects as assigned and necessary
This is a full-time, exempt position based in New York, NY.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (required)
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience and/or graduate degree in urban studies, public administration, public policy, economics, or a related field
- Outstanding organizational skills, with strong capacity to manage and coordinate projects and successfully prioritize among multiple tasks in a fast-paced initiative
- Design or customer service experience preferred
- Excellent written and analytical skills
- Enthusiasm for working in a start-up environment, and building the next phase of a nationwide initiative
- Commitment to a collegial workplace
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a fast paced, results-oriented workplace
- High proficiency in project management software, Microsoft Office, and Google Suite
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If interested, please forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, subject: “Associate, City Progress – Your Name”. Please note that your cover letter should be no longer than one page and specifically detail your interest in this position.
Results for America is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages people from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply for positions within our organization.