Details: Commensurate with experience
163-07 Depot Road
Position: Program / Executive Director
The Korean-America Youth Foundation (KAYF) is a non-profit organization focusing on the growth and development of Korean-American high-school youths in the metro NY area. Our goal is to help these students by providing them with additional skill sets and support they may not receive from their schools or families. Our program is about teaching our students how to communicate, think for themselves, collaborate and be empathetic so they may become leaders.
We are looking for a competent and motivated Program / Executive Director who can multi-task to undertake a variety of program management, operational and administrative tasks. You will engage in planning and organizing programs and activities for the students, as well as carry out important operational duties within the organization. You will be the point of contact for the organization involving fundraising, marketing and community outreach. You will also interact with students on a regular basis and conduct weekly trainings and workshops, and communicate with parents of ongoing events and activities.
Start Date: Immediate
Salary & Benefits: Commensurate with experience, health insurance
- Support planning and coordination of a program and its activities.
- Ensure implementation of curriculum and program objectives.
- Maintain budget and track expenditures/transactions.
- Manage communications through media relations, social media etc.
- Help build positive relations within the team and external parties.
- Schedule and organize meetings/events and maintain agenda.
- Ensure technology is functional for all operations (video conferencing, presentations).
- Prepare paperwork and order curriculum materials.
- Keep updated records and create reports or proposals.
- Support growth and program development.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the community and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance KAYF’s Mission.
- Report to and work closely with the Executive Board to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the Foundation throughout the community.
- Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
- Serving as KAYF’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
- Planning and operation of annual budget.
- Supervise, collaborate with organization staff.
- Oversee organization Board and committee meetings.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
- Proven experience as program coordinator or relevant position.
- Knowledge of program management and development procedures.
- Knowledge of budgeting, bookkeeping and reporting.
- Tech savvy, proficient in Google Suite.
- Ability to work with diversity and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Preferred: bilingual in Korean and English.
- Preferred: BS/BA in education, social work, or relevant field.
- Two or more years senior nonprofit management experience.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector.
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting.
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Experience preparing grant proposals, able to familiarize themselves with KAYF's programs, goals and financial needs.
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers.
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent in English and Korean
Minimum Education Required