Details: Commensurate with experience and within a nonprofit salary structure.
501 Cambridge Street
Overview and Organizational Summary
Farm Aid is seeking a Cause Marketing Coordinator to support and contribute to the development and implementation of cause marketing and business development activities including brand partnerships and event sponsorships, as well as the internal merchandise operation. Reporting to the Associate Director, responsible for development and brand marketing, this position also supports the development and implementation of food and culture programming and activities. The goal of this role is to advance and maximize Farm Aid’s revenue generation and brand impact, with strong emphasis on successful execution of its major annual revenue and awareness-raising event. We are looking for a creative, enthusiastic, mission driven marketing professional with at least two years of experience.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a nontraditional development program in a unique organization at the intersection of the music business, food and culture enterprises, advocacy and a grassroots movement for family farmers. Farm Aid is a national nonprofit organization working to build a vibrant, family farm-centered system of agriculture in America. Since 1985, Farm Aid has raised over $50 million to support programs that help farmers thrive, expand the reach of the Good Food Movement, take action to change the dominant system of industrial agriculture and promote food from family farms. The majority of Farm Aid's revenue is earned through our annual concert and related activities.
Farm Aid recognizes that people gain skills through a variety of professional, personal, educational, and volunteer experiences. We encourage candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications below. If you believe you have the transferable skills necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this role, we encourage you to apply.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Cause Marketing and Corporate Sponsorship (estimated to comprise 40% of effort):
- Initiate and conduct market research to identify potential brand partners, sponsors, and new business opportunities; respond to inquiries; analyze and report on feasibility.
- Engage in sales and cultivation of brand partner prospects.
- Participate in and coordinate development of proposals, draft agreements, sponsorship decks, and other collateral, ensuring adherence to brand framework and guidelines.
- Create and maintain tools and systems for tracking sponsor rights and fulfillment, and participate in fulfillment of brand partner and sponsorship engagements.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of success measures and surveys for assessment and evaluation of engagement.
Brand and Food & Culture Programming Support (estimated to comprise 25% of effort):
- Participate in and support special projects and initiatives that hold potential for expanding Farm Aid’s reach and impact related to cause marketing and food and culture activities.
- Prepare marketing materials and coordinate signage, branding and brand presence for HOMEGROWN properties.
- ontribute and create content as needed to promote food and culture marketing and outreach efforts.
- Support and participate in brand development and integration activities for Farm Aid’s assets and particularly for revenue generation activities.
Merchandise Operation (estimated to comprise 20% of effort):
- Conduct market research for development of concert merchandise that reflects Farm Aid’s mission, goals and brand; support Associate Director in research and outreach for sourcing.
- Coordinate the design process including soliciting designs, coordinating design submissions, project timelines, and overall coordination of approach to finalizing merchandise designs.
- Coordinate and serve as point person for screen-printing (determine purchase numbers, sizes, design schemes/groups, etc.).
- Support and serve as liaison to on-site merchandise and sales team at concert venue.
- Serve as the online merchandise operation coordinator, collaborating with development and online marketing staff to effectively post, update and maintain sales targets, especially in relation to fundraising campaigns.
- Ensure strong customer-service orientation, and timely fulfillment of merchandise orders, engaging the assistance of interns and seasonal staff as needed.
- Develop and maintain effective tools to track sales, inventory and record-keeping for accounting purposes.
Administrative Support and Other (estimated to comprise 15% of effort):
- Compile reports and track budgets for related projects and events and participate as a member of the Revenue Team to help coordinate revenue generation activities across the organization in collaboration with FA staff.
- Reconcile sponsorship and earned revenue records with official finance department records.
- Assess and participate in clarification and development of operations, processes and protocols for cause marketing activities.
- Support the development and implementation of special events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and at least 2 year of experience (3-5 preferred) in non-profit corporate partnership and cause-marketing fundraising, and/or sales and marketing.
- Interest and desire to contribute to cultural change, promoting family farm food, and/or some aspect of agriculture or related environmental and social justice fields.
- Creative, with excellent oral, written, interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills for articulating the organization’s mission, needs and opportunities with clarity and enthusiasm, and for providing compelling and engaging sponsor experiences.
- Demonstrated experience and excellence in customer service; ability to interact skillfully with a diversity of stakeholders.
- Experience with prospect research, proposal and report writing.
- Organized, creative, pro-active, detail-oriented with a strong ability to prioritize.
- Demonstrated team player, with initiative and ability to work both independently and with others.
- Sound judgment in maintaining confidentiality of propriety information.
- Resourcefulness, flexibility, humility, and a sense of humor.
- Experience with budget tracking, and technical proficiency using Microsoft Office (especially Excel), and CRM experience (Salesforce preferred).
- Willingness and flexibility to work as needed to meet deadlines and ability to travel as needed (5%-10%)
Farm Aid seeks to have a start date for this position as early as June.
Farm Aid offers generous benefits, including 4 weeks vacation, and 100% health insurance.
Level of Language Proficiency
English fluency required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you possess many of these characteristics and qualifications and are excited about this opportunity, we'd love to hear from you!
- We are currently accepting applications and encourage submission by April 18, 2018, although we may continue to accept applications beyond that date as needed.
- Early applications are strongly encouraged, as applications will be considered as they are received.
- In your application, include the following:
- a cover letter indicating where you learned of this opportunity and highlighting your experience and skills relevant to the position and listed qualifications
- a current resume
- a writing sample.
- Candidates invited to compete for the position may be asked to complete sample projects.
- Email your application to email@example.com with “Cause Marketing Coordinator” in the subject line.
- No calls please.
Farm Aid is an equal opportunity employer and as such, we do not discriminate against any team member or candidate because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by law. We encourage all to apply because we believe a diversity of voices leads to better discussions, decisions, and outcomes for everyone.