Details: Salary, commensurate with level of experience, and benefits.
31 Chambers Street
31 Chambers Street, Suite 608
The Building Energy Exchange (BE-Ex) is an independent nonprofit driving energy efficiency in the built environment through our first of its kind resource center, in downtown Manhattan. We act as a hub for activities that help building owners, operators, and designers save money and reduce pollution and carbon emissions through energy efficiency measures. We provide education, exhibits, targeted research and critical tools to advance the energy efficiency of buildings, directly supporting the City and the State’s ambitious climate action plans.
The Exchange is both a place and an objective. We deliver our own programming while also providing a neutral setting for the exchange of ideas and progressive discourse. The Exchange delivers diverse programming, networking opportunities, and actionable information of best practices and technologies. We are also a virtual presence, at be-exchange.org, showcasing our research, resources and a community calendar of important events.
Join us and help us transform New York into a cleaner and greener city built to last.
Reporting to the Managing Director of Strategy & Programs, and working with the Executive Director, the Programs Assistant assists in all aspects of Building Energy Exchange’s program planning, development, and delivery; manages BE-Ex social media, newsletter and online presence with specific regard for marketing programs and other BE-Ex activities; helps to realize the organization’s objectives; build its audience and community; and plays an active role in the administration of BE-Ex’s energy efficiency resource center.
- Participate in the conceptualization, development, marketing, and delivery of BEEx’s educational programs and events, as well as the events of our partners;
- Support the logistics of educational programs and event activity (including on site logistics, maintenance of online calendar, coordination with newsletter), as well as post-event follow-up;
- Support program promotional content and multimedia resources;
- Act as the primary driver of social media content and support BEEx virtual presence (website);
- Maintain a working knowledge of NYC’s relevant programs and events;
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in building energy efficiency.
- Support logistics of scheduling events, meetings, and BEEx administrative activities, including partner and peer use of the Exchange, board and development meetings, etc.;
- Greet visitors and assist in managing of Center activities and operations;
- Assist with partnerships with professional organizations and academic institutions.
Candidates with Bachelors degree in Architecture, Engineering, Sustainable Development/Management, Environmental Sciences or related fields will be preferred. Demonstrated knowledge and deep interest in social media and online marketing strongly preferred. Candidates with working knowledge of building science preferred. Excellent references from post-collegiate work experience required. 1-3 years work experience expected. Familiarity with the NYC real estate market and stakeholders a plus.
Salary, commensurate with level of experience, and benefits.
email@example.com with subject: Programs Assistant - [Name]
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required