Under the general supervision of Director of HIV Epidemiology and Surveillance, this position will support public health surveillance in the area of HIV, STDs, and viral hepatitis, and production of population-based health information, leading to effective decision making and public health actions that improve population health.
This is a temporary, grant-funded, full time, benefited position. Employment is provided by Heluna Health.
Salary: Starting at $82,826 annually commensurate with experience
- Develop and conduct evaluation projects in accordance with program guidelines, and provide recommendations to improve program functionality, performance, and data quality activities including defining and improving data for the numerators and denominators of HIV care indicators and population-based studies.
- Establish, coordinate and maintain data systems including HIV testing, surveillance, linkage to care and navigation data
- Design and implement protocols for data collection and analysis
- Perform complex data analysis using statistical software packages, (SAS, R) and interpret findings
- Analyze, summarize, interpret, and present surveillance data for a wide audience. Respond to various data
- Prepare reports, presentations and scientific papers, communicate epidemiologic information in diverse formats (written, oral, web-based) to multiple audiences
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to establish and successfully implement data collection protocols with diverse work teams, evaluate data quality and interpret findings
- Demonstrated strong SAS programming ability, including troubleshooting programs and performing data analyses independently
- Strong data science background and data management skills with experience using Microsoft Access and Excel
- Strong verbal and writing communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience supervising employees
- Experience with using SQL to extract and transform data from a database
- Project management experience
- Ability to design and maintain relational databases
- Experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and relevant computer software
- Experience with data visualization software such as Tableau, Microsoft Power BI
- Work experience in HIV epidemiology or disease surveillance
- Sensitivity to and experience working with diverse communities. Ability to communicate well and work closely with others in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Demonstrated success in working with teams through a remote or tele-work arrangement
- Master’s degree in Epidemiology, Biostatistics or in related field or demonstrated equivalent work experience
Other Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary collaborations
- Experience working in a government agency at the local, state, or national
Handling / Fingering Occasionally
Reach Outward Occasionally Reach Above Shoulder Occasionally Climb, Crawl, Kneel, Bend Occasionally
Lift / Carry Occasionally - Up to 50 lbs
Push/Pull Occasionally - Up to 50 lbs
Taste/ Smell Not Applicable
Not Applicable Not required for essential functions
Occasionally (0 - 2 hrs/day)
Frequently (2 - 5 hrs/day)
Constantly (5+ hrs/day)
General office setting, indoors temperature controlled
Heluna Health is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages minorities, women, veterans, and disabled to apply.
All qualified applicants will be considered for this position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
It is the policy of Heluna Health to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Please apply at the following URL: https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/PUB1001PUBH/JobBoard/6705aa07-0bcb-4660-ad1b-2fda952becc7/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=96203822-2672-4e69-bc6e-384a6334f79b