130 East 59 Street
About the Organization:
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For 100 years, we have inspired New Yorkers to act on their values and invest in their community for the biggest impact. Thanks to our network of nearly 100 beneficiary agencies, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to deliver real solutions to real problems. Through a single gift, you can care for New Yorkers of all backgrounds and for Jews everywhere; connect people to their Jewish identity, and respond to crises around the world.
The Regional Director of the Westchester Office is responsible for the development and implementation of an overall Regional Westchester Strategic plan, which includes campaign strategy, leadership and donor base management and development, community relations, and the integration of planning and direct services into overall regional operations. To be successful he/she must be capable of working effectively with the senior leadership of UJA-Federation, both volunteer and professional. In this essential leadership position, the director will be a dynamic visionary capable of interacting with leadership and donors at all levels, synagogues, rabbis and agency executives in the Westchester community. The Regional Director, Westchester, is a member of the UJA Senior Management Team and Senior Campaign Management Team. In collaboration with the other members of the Senior Campaign Management Team, the Regional Director will actively participate in formulating policies and developing long-range goals and objectives.
CORE GOALS for the Regional Director:
The Regional Director must be able to:
• Develop a strategic plan to broaden, deepen and strengthen donor engagement and raise the profile of UJA-Federation in the Westchester community: Recruit and educate a sophisticated lay leadership team to provide oversight of the regional operation.
• Serve as a senior professional Jewish leader for the entire Westchester Jewish community.
• Direct, lead and manage the staff team (25-30) who work to strengthen Westchester UJA activity.
• Maximize the UJA campaign’s Annual, Planned Giving & Endowment, Capital and Special Initiative efforts and continue to build and nurture UJA's culture of gratitude so that both professionals and donors feel appreciated.
• Enhance the UJA brand in order to maximize our impact in the larger Westchester Jewish Community. (As many residents are engaged by UJA-Federation in NYC – identify donors that have strong ties to affinity groups in NYC and integrate their involvement in Westchester as well.)
• Work to integrate 59th St.-Westchester based regional planning efforts and gov’t relations within the regional operation.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND RELATED TASKS:
1. In collaboration with professional staff and lay leadership, design and implement a strategic regional plan that would include all aspects of campaign and community building.
2. Cultivate, solicit, and establish on-going relationships with high-level donors and prospects within the Regional Director’s established portfolio. Reach out to and engage new donors, enhancing their commitment to UJA-Federation’s mission.
3. Establish systems and procedures for managerial accountability to achieve goals and to enhance effectiveness.
4. Provide overall supervision to the Westchester team by providing leadership, direction, coaching, problem resolution, and career development performance evaluation. Work with the Westchester Staff in such a manner as to build high morale, foster teamwork, resulting in successful attainment of goals and objectives.
5. Recruit and work with specific lay leadership and portfolio Chairs as needed. Work closely with lay leadership in building and developing their solicitation skills and nurturing their philanthropic careers.
6. Serve as the UJA public face to the Westchester community: Represent the organization by serving as a dynamic and inspirational speaker at fundraising, community and educational events. Gain an understanding of the unique characteristics of the different Westchester communities so that he/she can develop programming and messaging that resonates with and engages those different communities.
7. Prepare an annual budget for the Westchester Office and monitors expenditures.
8. Work cross-functionally and collaboratively with colleagues within the Federation to maximize gift giving, enhance future giving opportunities and achieve organizational goals.
9. Interface and work closely with Agency Executives, Synagogues and Rabbi’s to build community in the Westchester region.
10. Utilize appropriate donor research and internal resources to capitalize upon fundraising opportunities.
1. Minimum of Ten (10) years progressively responsible community development and campaign experience. Proven track record in fundraising, management and community building.
2. Ability to interact and work effectively with lay leadership and professional staff.
3. Outstanding interpersonal, relationship building, presentation, planning and writing skills.
4. Must be an effective and supportive communicator, able to inspire and influence and build credibility and rapport.
5. The ability to impart knowledge, develop skills and mentor staff.
6. Knowledge and understanding of the Jewish Communal field and must be passionate about our mission.
7. Master’s degree in an appropriately related field preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply: Equal Opportunity Employment. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please submit your application directly to our job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF