The Coordinator, Education & Global Programming is responsible for assisting the efforts of the Director, Education & Global Programming in sharing the It Gets Better Project's mission to uplift, empower and connect LGBTQ+ youth around the globe through education and other globally focused initiatives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Foster strong relationships with each of the organization’s global affiliates and the teams operating them. Communicate regularly with their directors -- through email, Workplace by Facebook, and other digital platforms -- to:
- Coordinate appropriate trainings, online campaigns, logistical support, etc. Help establish and reinforce branding and positive messaging policies on social media.
- Collect monthly (and annual) reports regarding the social media and other online/offline activities of each affiliate, and summarize those activities in a blog, email newsletter, video, and/or other suitable medium.
- Prepare and co-host monthly webinars (“Hangouts”) on themes important to regionally coordinated efforts, and help train volunteers working for the affiliates on topics specific to their in-country work; may involve inviting/recruiting content-specific experts to give presentations.
- Help recruit and coordinate a coalition of skilled volunteers (including teachers, curriculum writers, translators, graphic designers, and more) to assist with the creation of educational materials that accompany the It Gets Better Project’s library of media content, as well as other content that specifically supports the organization’s affiliate network.
- Vet application requests (for affiliation, for grants, for scholarships, for volunteers, etc.), conduct interviews, guide applicants in developing strong proposals, and offer recommendations.
- Research funding opportunities, for both the It Gets Better Project and its affiliates, and assist in drafting grant proposals.
- Identify, vet and add relevant material for the organization’s online resource center.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to conduct research, collect basic data, organize information and itineraries, and follow budgets with minimal guidance and supervision; a general ability to work independently and manage multiple detail-specific tasks.
- Strong writing skills and an aptitude for conveying text-based information in a concise and effective manner, particularly over email and other digital mediums.
- Computer literacy, including extensive knowledge using Mac computers, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint), Google Drive (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms), and Dropbox; experience with Wordpress a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with diverse audiences, both in-person and online.
- Adept on all social media platforms used by the It Gets Better Project, including YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr.
- Bilingual fluency (English and Spanish, both verbal and written) required.
Includes health care and paid vacation/holidays.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume.