1850 Boyer Ave. E.
Boyer Children's Clinic provides medical, therapy, special education and family services to infants and young children with cerebral palsy and other developmental delays and their families. For more information on Boyer Children's Clinic, please visit www.boyercc.org.
We are seeking a Full-Time Intake Assessment Specialist to coordinate the smooth intake of referrals to the agency and perform evaluations for new children referred to the clinic.
- Perform evaluation for all new children and complete paperwork with families.
- Complete Intake Evaluation Report and internal documentation to insure next steps for EI services.
- Participate in programs with other professional groups in the community who provide services for and/or work with children with disabling conditions.
- Act as liaison with and provide input from other community agencies.
- Identify clients potentially eligible for Medicaid and assist in application.
- Provide training, care coordination, assistance with access, program planning, interagency coordination and administrative functions to support Medicaid programs.
- Assess health care needs, e.g., nutrition, dental, vision, and hearing.
- Coordinate medical care with community medical resources.
- Attend outside clinics or conferences on children in our programs, when appropriate.
- This position requires visits to locations which may or may not be accessible by public transportation. Requires ability to drive, have a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance, and reliable access to a vehicle to travel in the Seattle metropolitan area.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Education preferred or related field.
- Previous experience of three years or more in health services to disabled children and their families.
- Ability to express self effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships throughout the agency and with the parental community.
- Current First Aid and CPR certification.
- Must possess valid Washington State Driver’s License and automobile insurance.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from group of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
To Apply: Please go to https://careers-hrpmsi.icims.com/jobs/2855/intake-assessment-specialist/job to begin our online application process.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Minimum Education Required