Details: The compensation range for this position is commensurate with demonstrated experience and abilities.
CEO is seeking a Manager, Employee Experience who will play a central role in driving our three-year strategic talent plan forward by leading and supporting initiatives aimed at creating a best-in-class employee experience at CEO. The Manager, Employee Experience will serve as a core member of the Human Capital team and will focus on building and refining systems and structures that promote a fair, inclusive, engaging, and responsive work experience for all of our staff in the areas of compensation, performance management, position definition, staff training and development, and talent engagement. They will also heavily support the team’s people data collection and analysis efforts, championing the use of this data in driving system and experience improvements.
This is an exciting time to join CEO as our Human Capital and larger CEO team are experiencing growth and expansion that yields new and additional career pathway opportunities for prospective candidates, current team members, and staff alumni. The Manager, Employee Experience will collaborate with the Human Capital, Program, and Central teams to ensure these opportunities are transparent and accessible, and to continue to identify and create opportunities that promote the personal and professional development of our team members.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 5,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. Since 2009, CEO has gained support to expand its programs through government, nonprofit, and private organizations including the Federal Social Innovation Fund, the Edna McConnell Clark Foundation, Robin Hood Foundation, and Rockefeller Foundation. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
Who You Are
- You come to CEO with 5+ years of demonstrated experience in the field of human capital, talent management, or talent consulting, and are eager to apply your experience and skill set to drive results within a mission-driven, social justice-minded nonprofit organization
- You’re a strong, effective, and efficient project manager with the ability to maintain oversight of all of the details as you coordinate many moving pieces under tight timelines
- You enjoy taking initiative, diving into unknown territory and collecting the information you need from internal and external entities to push your work forward
- You’re skilled at clearly, enthusiastically, and accurately presenting information to groups both verbally and in writing, with the ability to tailor your communications based on your audience
- You have experience coaching, mentoring, teaching, developing, and building the buy-in of others, including individuals with more experience
- You prefer a balance of independent and team work, with particular interest in checking in with team leads to ensure your work stays connected to organizational initiatives
- You’re able to identify and analyze organizational challenges, collecting, analyzing, and making decisions using a data-driven approach
- You demonstrate respect, fairness, and patience to constituents, colleagues, and others, and have the ability to exercise discretion and good judgement
- You are curious, continuously seeking new information and identifying and implementing system improvements that increase efficiency, effectiveness, and service to clients
The Nitty Gritty
Responsibilities of the Manager, Employee Experience will include but are not limited to the following:
Talent Strategy and Administration
- Contribute to the development of CEO’s 1, 3, and 5-year talent strategy, outcomes, and metrics; envision and execute methods to track talent-specific metrics
- Initiate research and recommendations for changes to talent strategy, systems, and processes, using internal data, external best practices, and guidance from talent practitioners and partners
- Contribute to the development and analysis of department-specific budget expenditures
- Contribute to decision making regarding technological platforms that enhance this work
Employee Engagement and Development
- Lead and support initiatives designed to: ensure that compensation is externally competitive and internally equitable; foster an environment that welcomes and supports diversity, equity, and inclusion; provide opportunities for continued staff and manager development; promote a culture of continuous, meaningful, and actionable feedback between all team members
- Lead and support position level definition at CEO (including identifying required competencies, compensation ranges, and training plans related to each position); play a key role in catalyzing committee of program and central staff to develop vision around training at CEO
- Design and lead high-quality professional development trainings; identify and coordinate learning opportunities for managers and staff with external vendors and facilitators
- Support and coach supervisors on issues tied to staff performance and engagement
Data Collection and Analysis
- Develop and implement yearly process for: gathering and analyzing people data; leading data deep dives/action planning with staff; and looping back regarding data trends and plans to address
- Develop and implement systems for measuring the success of employee experience initiatives
- Build people data dashboards that capture the team and organization’s progress against human capital and employee experience goals and metrics; distribute these to key stakeholders as needed
Team Support and Management
- Supervise and evaluate Talent Assistant through continued training, coaching and development; ensure TA workload is reasonable, negotiating levels of support across team members
- Serve as a consultant to Human Resources team as needed in areas such as onboarding and offboarding, ensuring processes reflect and promote CEO’s mission, vision, and values
- Collaborate with Talent Recruitment team in ensuring hiring practices and policies are fair and inclusive and lead to stronger internal candidate pipelines
- Facilitate and lead team meetings as needed
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
CEO also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your application materials, including a resume and cover letter, using the link provided. Please note: our application portal is optimized for use with Google Chrome.