Details: Competitive salary based on experience.
The Communications Associate is responsible for conveying the significance and impact of NatureBridge’s mission to external audiences. Working closely with the Communications and Marketing teams, the Communications Associate writes compelling copy to drive fundraising and sales, ensures brand alignment across all internal and external communications; manages NatureBridge’s social media channels; works with regional staff to develop blog, photo, and video content; and creates and reports on email communications.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Storyfinding & Storytelling
- Leads the Storytelling Team, comprised of regional staff, to develop high quality multimedia content (blog, photos, video, stories). Mentors team to empower them to contribute quality content for use in communications materials.
- Proactively engages customers, supporters and NatureBridge staff to capture relevant, high impact stories to attract and engage target audiences.
- Coordinates internally with NatureBridge staff to learn about and disseminate news, helps with communications components of campaigns, manages distribution of materials and helps plan and execute communications components of community and fundraising events.
- Writes original content; coordinates, edits and proofreads written contributions from others; and maintains quality, consistency and relevance. Writes content for email, web, marketing and fundraising materials.
Social Media Management, Strategy & Reporting
- Works closely with the marketing, communications and development teams to understand overall business objectives and translate these into actionable social media strategies.
- Develops, ideates and schedules social media content; manages a rich content calendar and social media guide; continually improves NatureBridge’s engagement on social media and other online networks.
- Analyzes and reports on performance, trends and user engagement of social media channels and tools; gains insight and makes necessary adjustments to put toward future communication strategies.
- Implements creative and tactical aspects of email campaigns, including automation setup, template design, copywriting, design, testing and deployment.
- Works closely with the Marketing Associate to actively apply knowledge of best practices and previous campaign performance to optimize campaigns to achieve web traffic and revenue metrics including CTR, open rates, engagement and conversion.
- In conjunction with the Marketing team, drafts, produces and distributes monthly NatureBridge newsletter.
Digital Asset Database
- Manages storage and organization of all digital assets (photos, videos, audio, logos).
- Finds appropriate photos for use in collateral, on website and as needed for staff.
- Ensures all staff members have access to up-to-date electronic letterhead, logos, bios, mailing labels, major NatureBridge publications, etc.
- Builds and updates content pages using Drupal, NatureBridge’s CMS.
- Manages website style guide and ensures that all website content follows the NatureBridge style/CSS.
- Liaises with vendors that support NatureBridge’s digital efforts (donate platforms, web consultants, etc.).
- Manages process of ordering and billing NatureBridge apparel.
- Conducts media and government relations, including maintaining comprehensive targeted media lists, writing talking points, speeches, news releases and op-ed pieces.
- Manages Communications and About Us portions of the Intranet.
- Assists in tracking, managing and reporting on the Communications budget and spending.
- Provides administrative support.
Experience, Competencies and Education
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
- At least 1-2 years’ professional experience in a communications role.
- Demonstrated ability to generate and deliver persuasive and clear verbal, written and visual communications.
- Proven capacity to communicate with and successfully reach culturally and ethnically diverse target audiences.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Experience in visual communications and design.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team player.
- Must be organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, sense of humor and an entrepreneurial ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Ability to manage competing or shifting priorities.
Excellent benefits package including medical insurance, retirement plan, plus generous vacation, holiday and sick leave plans.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply send a resume, cover letter and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
No calls, faxes or printed materials please. No agencies please. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Position is open until filled. Looking for immediate hire, contingent on successful background check and fingerprinting.