Details: Salary is based upon the candidate’s experience and qualifications in line with the organization’s budget.
The Program Manager has broad responsibility for the successful execution of a portfolio of programmatic initiatives being undertaken by the US Water Alliance. This position requires a high degree of collaboration with US Water Alliance staff, members, and funders. We are seeking a candidate with top-notch project management and writing abilities; strong relationship-building skills; and experience in building or supporting multi-sector collaborations. Our ideal candidate would have a background in water, environmental policy, infrastructure, or related fields of interest.
The Program Manager will be responsible for several programmatic initiatives, based on organizational needs, and the skills and interest of the Program Manager. For examples of current initiatives in the US Water Alliance’s portfolio visit www.uswateralliance.org.
While the content and goals of each initiative may differ, the Program Manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of each initiative which include:
- Workplan Management. Develop and successfully manage project timelines with multiple moving parts and partners.
- Research and Writing. Conduct research, policy analysis, and writing to produce reports, policy briefs, case studies, memos, and articles relevant to the project.
- Event Coordination. Produce webinars, meetings, workshops, stakeholder forums, and learning exchanges related to the deliverables and goals of the initiative.
- Coalition Building and Stakeholder Management. Convene diverse stakeholders to collect feedback on program activities. Coordinate strategic engagements with US Water Alliance members, including utilities, government agencies, business leaders, community organizations.
- External Communications. Develop and manage communications about the initiative, including webpage content, press releases, announcements, etc., with Alliance communications staff. Respond to requests for information and support from US Water Alliance members and partners.
- Contract Management. Manage consultants working on program deliverables as needed.
- Represent the Alliance at Industry Functions. Occasional travel to deliver presentations and represent the US Water Alliance at various meetings and events.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in related field; BA degree required and advanced degree preferred
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communications skills; ability to write about complex topics for a variety of non-technical audiences
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Experience in supporting and implementing innovative programs or policy initiatives
- Demonstrated capacity for critical, independent, and creative thinking while working within and across teams
- Well-organized, able to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and deadlines
- A team player, with strong collaboration skills
Excellent benefits including paid vacation, health, vision and dental insurance, and 401(k) retirement plan.
Level of Language Proficiency
English - fluent
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter via email to: HR@uswateralliance.org and include “Program Manager Application” in the subject line of your email.
The US Water Alliance is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff and a welcoming workplace.