1400 Eye Street, NW
District of Columbia
The Global Health Advocacy Incubator, a program of the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids, draws on lessons from tobacco control and its growing experience on other public health issues to support policy change campaigns around the globe to improve health. To date, that work includes obesity prevention (OP) and cardiovascular health (CVH), road safety (RS), drowning prevention (DP), maternal and reproductive health (MRH), and vital statistics.
The Program Assistant supports the GHAI team in efforts across programs to help NGO partners in specific low-and middle income countries conduct effective public health policy advocacy campaigns, with specific focus on obesity prevention, road safety, drowning, and MRH. The Assistant supports the GHAI team’s advocacy initiatives by conducting research/information gathering for key policy issues and country scoping, preparing program reports, reviewing grants, assisting with strategy development, and helping prepare research and communications materials for use in advocacy campaigns. This position reports to the GHAI Associate Director.
• Draft and oversee production of monthly, semi-annual, and annual funder reports, including capturing and documenting technical assistance provided.
• Conduct secondary research to help develop easily understood advocacy materials that communicate the need for policy change to policy makers, the media, and the public.
• Review new research for relevance to advocacy campaigns and work with communications team and local partners to disseminate in support of advocacy efforts.
• Participate as member of country teams to develop country strategies and provide assistance to local partners in executing policy change campaigns.
• Maintain electronic records of research articles, reports, and other relevant information for the GHAI team.
• Respond to information requests from the team.
• Support the document production needs of the group, including formatting (e.g. reports), proof reading, and preparing presentation materials.
• Assist with other administrative tasks providing emergency backup for the GHAI Executive Assistant to include assembling briefing materials, meeting management, processing contracts, and other general program support requirements as needed.
• Undergraduate degree necessary, Masters of Public Health preferred.
• Resourceful in locating and summarizing research and information on public health issues.
• Familiarity/experience with public health policy advocacy preferred.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including editing and proofing with a strong attention to detail.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to take initiative, solve problems creatively and work independently.
• Detail oriented and flexible.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment while juggling multiple projects and deadlines.
• Experience working at the international level and in cross-cultural settings a plus.
• Fluency in English required and the ability to speak additional languages is highly desirable.
• Willingness and ability to travel globally when required.
• Knowledge of Adobe InDesign or similar design software a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter, including salary history and resume to: email@example.com. Please reference the position code: PA-GHAI-12 in the subject line of your email. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. No Phone calls please.