Clinical Manager of Mental Health Services at Residential Facility
- Job posted by Richmond Area Multi-Services
1421 Broderick Street
Richmond Area Multi-Services (RAMS) is currently searching for a Clinical Manager (Mental Heath Services) for the RAMS Broderick Street Adult Residential Facility.
The Clinical Manager concurrently serves in a clinical and managerial capacity, providing both clinical and administrative supervision to behavioral health staff, as well as providing direct therapeutic services to residents of the facility.
Broderick Street Adult Residential Facility (BSARF) is an innovative partnership program between RAMS, a non-profit community-based organization, and SF Department of Public Health, Community Behavioral Health Services and Housing & Urban Health sections, to operate a 33-bed residential facility for consumers who suffer from both mental illness, as well as chronic medical illness. This is a unique opportunity to work in a milieu community setting with a complex client population, many of whom have experienced long-term institutional or locked placement and/or difficult placement histories. Treatment, language-capacity, food, activities, and bilingual/bicultural services are tailored to fit the diverse & various needs of the residents.
Salary Range: Negotiable, commensurate to experience & qualifications
Status: Full-Time, Exempt Benefits: health insurance coverage + leave benefits
Applicants with bilingual ability in Cantonese, Mandarin, &/or Spanish encouraged to apply.
Minimum REQUIRED qualifications:
1. At least a Masters degree in Psychology, Marriage & Family Therapy, Counseling, Social Work, or other related disciplines from an accredited institution.
2. Valid clinical licensure in California (i.e., Psychologist, MFT, LCSW). Licensure for at least 2 years preferred, with eligibility to provide clinical supervision if qualified.
3. Minimum one year experience providing clinical supervision, and in supervisory role for mental health program services and personnel management of clinical staff/trainees in maintaining high levels of morale, employee accountability and performance evaluation, preferred.
4. Minimum two years of experience in working with seriously mental ill consumers.
5. Two years of experience in working in a milieu and/or residential setting, strongly preferred.
Other Preferred Qualifications:
6. Demonstrated experience, knowledge, skills, and proficiency in cultural competency in mental health, specifically in serving communities of color (e.g. Asian American, African-American, and Latin-American).
7. Knowledge of, and clinical experience with behavioral health (substance abuse and mental health) standards and practices.
8. Knowledge and working experience with clinical documentation (including AVATAR), HIPAA standards and billing (i.e., Medi-Cal, Medicare, etc.), utilization review, and data management.
9. Familiarity & experience working with community behavioral health systems of care in San Francisco, including the philosophy of care, levels of care for clinical services, and the delivery of such services, preferred.
Essential Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Participate in the leadership for the Broderick Street Adult Residential Facility program in a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural and multi-lingual community mental health facility.
2. Provide oversight, administrative support, and supervision of the day-to-day operations of the clinical team, as part of an integral component of the residential facility.
3. Support clinical and non-clinical staff in problem solving issues/conflicts/behaviors due to behavioral health conditions of residents.
4. Support, provide, and/or facilitate education/training and consultation to clinical and non-clinical staff, serve as the overall clinical leadership for the facility.
5. Help promote a positive workplace environment.
6. Provide, monitor, and supervise the quality of clinically and culturally competent treatment services and the therapeutic-milieu.
7. Lead and effectively facilitate treatment team meetings.
8. Carry a limited caseload, facilitate psychotherapy and activity-based groups, and conduct individual and collateral therapy sessions.
9. Assist in the liaison role for regulatory entities including Community Behavioral Health Services (CBHS), DPH Placement Office, and Housing and Urban Health sections of the San Francisco Department of Public Health; California Department of Social Services-Community Care Licensing Division; and other oversight/funding agencies.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance coverage
Life/AD&D, Short-Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability
Supplemental insurance coverage
Flexible Spending Account
Dependent Care Spending Account
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
10 Paid Holidays
Paid Bereavement & Jury Duty leave
Eligibility for PTO Donation Program in event of catastrophic illness or injury
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Training, in-service, and educational opportunities presented in-house
Paid Educational Leave & Professional Development Leave
401(k) Retirement Plan
Commuter Check to deduct transit expenses on a pre-tax basis
RAMS-sponsored monthly activities
Group discount programs
Employee awards recognition program
Richmond District YMCA Membership Community Partner Rate
Plus all leaves (FMLA, CFRA, PDL) & employee benefit programs (SDI, PFL, etc) as per federal, state, and city/county requirements.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants: send cover letter & resume to HR Dept - Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will remain open until filled.