The Associate Director, Marketing (ADM) will lead the development and execution of the D.C. Bar’s integrated marketing strategies and tactics to drive awareness of, and engagement with, mission and revenue generation initiatives. The ADM will develop, launch, and manage enterprise-level marketing and communication plans for the Bar including the packaging and promotion of multi-media product/service marketing and communications assets.
The ADM will serve as the head of the Bar’s in-house creative services team, which provides full-service graphic design and project management capabilities to the organization. In addition, the ADM will lead the Bar’s digital and social media initiatives and will play an instrumental role as a key brand ambassador, ensuring that all marketing and communications assets are consistently on-brand and on-message.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides day-to-day leadership, management, coaching and mentoring to direct reports.
• Recruits and retains a diverse workforce and works to create an inclusive environment for direct reports and within one’s department.
• Develops and leads a fully optimized, full-service, in-house integrated marketing agency serving internal clients from marketing planning through post-launch.
• Oversees the creative development and execution of on-message and on-brand marketing and communications assets.
• Leads the Bar’s digital and social media team to develop effective strategies and associated tactics to proliferate awareness of, and engagement with, the D.C. Bar’s brand and its product/services portfolio.
• Administers the Bar’s Brand Standards & Guidelines to reinforce a consistent brand identity and member experience across all promotional channels.
• Establishes and leads the Bar’s editorial board/calendar to ensure effective cross-functional multimedia content is fully leveraged across the enterprise.
• Supports and implements the enterprise-wide e-mail marketing strategy and associated tactics.
• Develops and executes a cohesive enterprise-wide social media strategy and supporting tactics.
• Liaises with digital SMEs (IT) and internal clients to optimize website content.
• Develops and institutionalizes Marketing & Communications standard operating procedures (SOPs) to ensure process optimization, and that all marketing assets are on-message, on-brand, and cross-functionally aligned.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Exemplary leadership skills and experience managing both direct reports and cross-functional project teams; direct supervisory experience and experience in a leadership role.
• Expert-level integrated marketing skills and experience, with expertise in digital and social media, including the development and execution of effective strategies and supporting tactics to meet/exceed KPIs.
• Relevant experience directly managing creative services staff from creative ideation through post-production.
• Strong experience developing and managing audience-specific content - across multiple platforms - to maximize audience awareness and engagement.
• Expert-level aptitude and a demonstrated track record in building and growing strong online communities through the development and launch of compelling social media content (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube); experience developing and launching effective paid social media campaigns; experience developing and enforcing digital/social media governance policies and best practices.
• Demonstrated experience developing, analyzing and reporting digital/social KPIs using both on-board and third-party analytics platforms (e.g., Google Analytics) and translating data into actionable insights.
• Strong expertise in direct response/e-mail marketing; extensive front- and back-end experience with third party email marketing applications.
• Strong relationship and stakeholder management skills, with a demonstrated ability to work effectively in matrixed organizations.
• Strong project management skills, with a proven track record of consistently delivering projects on time, within budget and with a high level of quality.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision, and to excel in an entrepreneurial, self-starting, and fast paced environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. Must work well in a team environment and be able to interact with Bar members, volunteers, vendors, the public and Bar employees.
• Must work well under pressure, possess excellent organizational abilities, and able to manage several priorities in a day.
• Must be adaptable, creative, and self-motivated.
• Ability to handle and maintain the confidentiality of highly sensitive information.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business or related field or MBA.
• Minimum of 8 years of integrated marketing experience (in-house or agency); non-profit/professional association experience.
• Copywriting experience.
• SEO experience.
• Real Magnet experience.
This is not an attempt to list all essential functions of this position. Job duties may change over time based on organizational/department needs.
The Associate Director, Marketing (ADM) will lead the development and execution of the D.C. Bar’s integrated marketing strategies and tactics to drive awareness of, and engagement with, mission and revenue generation…