Details: £19,312 - 24,000 depending on experience
John Smith Drive
Oxfam is a global movement of people who won’t live with the injustice of poverty. Together we save and rebuild lives in disasters. We help people build better lives for themselves. We speak out on the big issues that keep people poor, like inequality, discrimination against women and climate change. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can live without poverty.
The Festivals and Events Team exists to deliver great experiences and build relationships with supporters, all to fight poverty. The team is one of the leading suppliers of stewarding operations for UK festivals. Each year, we ensure the safety of millions of festival goers as well as giving thousands of volunteers a great experience over the summer season.
We deliver a highly effective festival operation at a range of festivals and events each year as well as taking campaigners and Oxfam shops to engage with the public and showcase some of the lifesaving humanitarian work we do. As a team, we look to engage people to use their time, money and voice for Oxfam through festivals and events. We create and deliver memorable experiences that initiate, build and establish deeper relationships with Oxfam.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Festivals and Events, the Events Operations and Experience Executive will be responsible for:
· Providing the hands-on technical and administrative support required to coordinate the operational and logistical elements of Oxfam GB's event activity at festivals and events.
· Project management of the Oxfam stewarding operation at a range of live events – including client liaison, health and safety management, role descriptions, job allocation, logistics, including an administrative overview.
· Supporting the project management, scheduling and operational event delivery within the team as required.
· Developing relationships with a portfolio of clients to maximise the fundraising potential of the Oxfam Festivals & Events team to support the team’s engagement and income targets.
· Supporting the care and management of volunteer stewards, pre-event, during and post event to include those with accessibility requirements.
· Some elements of budget management – P&L tracking of your allocated Festival & Event portfolio, and purchasing through third party suppliers.
What we are looking for
· An event professional with boundless energy, a constant supply of new ideas, an eye for detail and most importantly, the drive and passion to get the job done.
· Strong organisational skills and a results driven attitude
· The potential and desire to take engagement to the next level, and be a part of the team that makes it all happen.
· A confident and highly skilled communicator with strong interpersonal skills to work as part of the team and with colleagues across Oxfam.
· The type of person who picks up the phone and win over clients and potential partners, selling your product with gusto to maximise its impact and reach
Location: OXFORD (OXFAM HOUSE)
Salary: £19,312 - 24,000 depending on experience
Job Family: Fundraising
Division: Fundraising & Supporter Marketing
Job Type: Open ended
Closing Date: 22 November 2018
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to apply
If this sounds like you, please visit the link below for more information and to apply:
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation.