Reports To: Chief Advancement Officer
Status: Full-time, non-exempt
Position Summary: Reporting to and collaborating closely with the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Digital Content Manager will devise a web content strategy that aligns with and drives DOROT’s strategic and financial objectives. This person will manage content creation for DOROT’s website ensuring content on the website stays up to date and relevant.
- Oversee the creation of all content for DOROT’s website.
- Create a monthly content marketing calendar to ensure updates to the regular content on the website throughout the year.
- Write informative search engine optimized copy.
- Keeping up to date with industry best practice and monitoring content activities of competitor’s websites.
- Assisting the Marketing and Development Associate with ad-hoc copywriting.
- Repurpose content for different mediums including social media and video.
- Create informative video content for the website.
- Working alongside the Marketing and Development Associate, create content for the different social media channels.
- Update all sections of the website including homepage and all other Program and Departmental information.
- Train the Marketing and Communications team on how to use the website content management system.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director, Marketing and Communications
- Bachelor’s degree in English, marketing, or journalism
- 5 or more years’ previous experience working as a content manager or copywriter
- Creative with ability to conceive and develop interesting ideas for new content.
- Demonstrated track record of positioning an organization to achieve measurable outcomes in a competitive communications environment
- Knowledge of a variety of mass and alternative media
- Strong collaboration, time management, organization and interpersonal skill
- Excellent written communications skills
- Extensive writing and editing experience with skills in a variety of print and online communications media
- Ability to identify mutually beneficial partnerships through sponsorships and cause marketing
- Knowledge of the use of social media to engage and deepen relationships with the media and public
- Excellent judgement and creative problem solving skills
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office software is essential (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
It is the policy of DOROT, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals for employment or advancement without discrimination because of race, color, religion creed, political association, ancestry, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence or stalking victim status, national origin, citizenship, age, veteran status, pregnancy, handicap disability, genetic, genetic characteristics, or other protected status.