Director of Mental Health Services
208 West 13th Street
Reports to: Senior Director of Community Support
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Summary: The Director of Mental Health Services is responsible for the oversight, staff supervision and
coordination of The Center’s mental health services and families team. These services seek to provide mental health counseling and support for LGBTQ individuals, couples, and families, as well as support LGBTQ people in building and strengthening their families.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with key leaders and staff, and building upon established work, develop an overall, unifying vision for mental health and family programming at The Center, including goals and objectives for mental health services, family building, and family permanency programming.
- Serve as a leader in The Center’s program leadership team.
- Provide clinical oversight of families and mental health team, as well as manage oversight of clinical services across Community Support programming.
- Provide administrative oversight of mental health and families services to meet Center and funder requirements, including grant proposals, preparation of program reports and other program documentation.
- Collaborate to help plan, develop and implement quality management processes to better meet client’s needs within the mental health and families teams including participant feedback, opportunities for improvement and addressing gaps in systems or processes; continuously monitor effectiveness and quality of interventions and services of The Center’s related services.
- Maintain a small caseload of mental health counseling clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and LCSW or advanced clinical degree required.
- Minimum four years’ program development and clinical support experience with two years’ supervisory experience.
- Strong leadership, administrative, organization, and written/verbal communication skills; bilingual a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with a wide range of personalities.
- Commitment to inclusive, multicultural programming; prior experience working with in coalitions with diverse communities and an understanding of intersectional oppressions.
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues, needs and interests of LGBT youth, adults, families and community, including knowledge of the spectrum of gender identity and transgender issues.
- A strong commitment to social justice and the mission of The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Community Center.
Minimum Education Required