Position: Resident Service Coordinator
About The Community Builders:
The Community Builders, Inc. TCB) is a nationally recognized nonprofit developer, owner and manager of affordable and mixed-income residential and commercial properties. Our mission is to build and sustain strong communities where people of all incomes can achieve their full potential. We do this by developing, financing, and operating high quality affordable mixed-income housing, by coordinating access to support services, and by planning and implementing other community and economic initiatives critical to the communities we serve. Every employee who works for The Community Builders understands what it means to make a significant difference in the lives of others.
About Community Life
Resident Service Coordinator (SC) develops and coordinates support services for residents of the mixed-income apartment community. The Service coordination will ensure resident and community success through close work with TCB property management team and local community partners. The SC will work one-on-one with residents to assist them in achieving housing stability. The SC is an integral part of the housing and property team and plays a critical role in the overall positive culture of the property for the enjoyment of its residents and the respect of its neighbors.
Housing stabilization is the area of focus that will be delivered through referrals to quality, local partners, on-site programing and individual coaching. The goal is to have families stable in their housing and to connect them to local opportunities in the areas of education, workforce development, financial education, asset building and health. In addition, community engagement and community building activities will be essential in order to create a sense of community and initiate a gateway to other support services.
The SC will work with each family to create a housing stability success plan that will guide the support, interventions, and referrals needed by the family/individual. The family/individual success plans ensure a resident-centered approach to delivering resident services. In addition, the SC, in collaboration with the Community Life HUB team, will track performance measures, administer the annual survey, develop a Community Success Plan, and evaluate effectiveness of the partnerships to impact outcome measures.
- Develop strategic partnerships with local service providers to bring on-site programs or provide referral to off-site program and services in the following CL outcome areas: workforce development, financial, and housing stability.
- Develop and implement a plan to support individuals/families with lease violations including housekeeping violations.
- Participate in unit inspections as requested by Property Management.
- Build positive relationships in the community to build capacity and maintain current partnerships to ensure resources are available.
- Monitor residents housing stability on an ongoing basis and provide mediation services between residents and Property Management should there be any issues, maintenance request, late rent or conflict of any kind.
- Provide case management and supportive services to residents to ensure they understand the lease requirements to avoid lease infractions to remain in compliance with the terms of their lease
- Conduct home visits to residents on a weekly, monthly or as-needed basis.
- Coordinate with other agencies/partners services to be delivered to residents in need of rent and utility assistance.
- Assess issues related to late rent payment and develop a plan to address the barriers for on-time rent payment.
- Assist in administering the Community Life Questionnaire annually to residents
- Conduct welcome orientations for new residents
- Manage administrative tasks required for securing and executing contracts or Memorandum of Agreements with providers and partners to carry out on-site programming
- Attend trainings and continue education opportunities offer by the Community Life HUB team
- Attend weekly meetings with Community Manager, and site team
- Keep Community Manager and Community Life Senior Manager appraised of issues affecting residents
- Document and maintain accurate and up to date records in Efforts to Outcome (ETO).
- Other duties and responsibilities as requested
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and respect values, attitudes, and beliefs that differ across cultures and to respond appropriately to these differences with residents in planning, implementing, and evaluating programs and services
- Capable of building and maintaining positive relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders, including but, not limited to: residents, senior staff, volunteers, interns, and community partners
- Experience working with families to support their aspirations
- Ability to collect, track and understand data In order to assess programs and partnerships and inform strategies
- Operate in a timely manner, with consistency and a high level of integrity and professionalism; provide excellent customer service to residents and partners
- Excellent communication, organization and writing skills
- Knowledge of federal, state and local policies affecting housing is a plus.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in social work, human services, public health, or community development
- 2+ years of overall professional experience working with families in housing or human services agencies required
- Experience overseeing and managing grants
- Proficiency with MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and other computer programs
- Previous experience in property management, and knowledge of HUD regulation a plus.
- Previous engagement, communication and collaboration with residents of diverse socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds preferred
- Experience working with partners and site team members to implement programs and initiatives
- Knowledge of child development and/or experience working with youth
- Knowledge of Yardi, Property Management databases, Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) is a plus.
- Fluency in Russian is preferred but not required
The Community Builders, Inc. is committed to ensuring diversity in its workplace, and candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required