475 Riverside Drive
POSITION: Child Care Worker - OSP
<img src="//:0" height="3" width="583">
REPORTS TO: Supervisor of Child Care Workers (OSP) CLASSIFICATION: Full Time, Part Time, Contingent EXEMPT/NONEXEMPT: Non-Exempt
Our Sisters’ Place is a 24-hour program that serves young adults with children, helping them to develop emotionally, physically, spiritually and intellectually, promoting and producing healthy individuals. The Child Care Worker provides oversight and support to the young adults and children.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Ensure compliance with local, state, and Federal rules and regulations, including but not limited to HIPAA.
· Monitor and supervise young adults and children at all times.
· Record in full detail all pertinent information into unit logbook and appropriate forms as they apply, prior to ending each shift.
· Record all movements within the unit logbook.
· Adhere to program guidelines and schedules.
· Enforce all safety rules and regulations in accordance with agency policies and procedures.
· Document and report all major and minor incidents in accordance with
agency policies and procedures.
· Encourage young adults to properly maintain the home, perform chores and participate in shopping, meal preparation, and other household routines
· Provide young adults and children with necessary personal care items: towels, washcloths, toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, etc. and encourage good personal hygiene.
· Monitor school attendance and performance of young adults and children.
· Exercise firmness in requiring that young adults and children respect and adhere to OSP house regulations.
· Accompany young adults and children to appointments and recreational
activities as needed.
· Ensure the unit keys and logbook remain in the possession of OSP staff members only.
· Provide a stable abuse- and drug-free environment.
· Perform other duties as required by direct supervisor or needs of the program/agency.
· On-call 24 hours (where applicable).
· Volunteers as needed
· High School Diploma/GED
· Two years’ experience working with children or adolescents
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Good communication and writing skills
· Ability to work collaboratively with consumers and co-workers
· Knowledgeable about working with foster care youth and children and families at- risk
· Superior organizational skills and an ability to work independently and as part of
· Ability to exercise enormous amount of patience
· Knowledgeable about developmental milestones
· Knowledgeable about appropriate ACS/OCFS regulations a plus
· Experience and facility with Microsoft Office Applications
· Ability to manage time effectively, multi-task and determine priorities
· Ability to work flexible hours as needed
· Certified in infant/adult CPR and First Aid preferred
· Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send all resumes and cover letters to Miranda Deebrah with “Child Care Worker” in the subject line.
[with “Child Care Worker” in the subject line]
----LSSNY is an Equal Opportunity Employer----