13455 Southeast 97th Avenue
Clackamas County Children's Commission ~ Healthy Families program is seeking applicants for the position of Home Visitor!
To support the growth of healthy children and families, positive parenting, and school readiness.
This position promotes positive parent-child relationships, supports healthy childhood growth and development, and enhances family functioning with newborns in Clackamas County through home visiting.
Some of the typical duties and functions of the position include but are not limited to the following:
· Provide home visitation and family support services to parents and their children ages 0 to 3 years according to families’ individual goal plans, families’ needs, and each stage of infant development.
· Effectively work with families and individuals of diverse backgrounds (including but not limited to: families with a history of mental illness, substance abuse, domestic violence, teenage pregnancy, or poverty.)
· Responsible for regular home visits to assigned families as determined by the supervisor.
· Administer assessment tools to monitor progress of child development and support positive parent-child interactions.
· Meet weekly with supervisor for reflective, clinical and administrative supervision.
· Attend statewide Healthy Families and Growing Great Kids trainings.
· Maintain real-time, accurate, complete, and confidential records that reflect assessment, services and outcomes.
· Support parents understanding of child development and parenting skills.
· Assist families in accessing needed community resources.
· Work cooperatively and respectfully with team members to contribute to a growth mindset environment.
· Minimum three years of experience in education or human services preferably providing parent and child development services for families with infants and toddlers in a home visiting capacity. Willingness to obtain additional training as requested.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in early childhood education, social work or related field preferred.
· Ability to build rapport with families, be reflective, empathetic and supportive of families facing unique and/or challenging situations.
· Ability to maintain a caseload of families, and keep charts up to date and organized.
· Healthy Families Home Visiting Experience, with completed HV CORE and FIA training preferred.
· Trained in Growing Great Kids prenatal- 36 months’ curriculum preferred.
· Infant Mental Health endorsement level I or II preferred.
· Current OR or WA state driver license and insured vehicle available for use on the job required.
This is a full-time (38.5 hours per week), non-exempt position. The starting wage is $16.86/hour. Bilingual (Spanish/English) employees who successfully pass an assessment will receive an additional $0.35/hour language differential.
A pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check including fingerprinting (via the State of Oregon Central Background Registry) are required. If you need any accommodation in the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 503-675-4565. Clackamas County Children's Commission is an equal opportunity employer.
We offer year-round (affordable) medical/dental/vision/life/disability/flex/cancer/accident/illness/and hospital indemnity plans. In addition, we offer mileage reimbursement, paid personal days, FREE life insurance for employees/spouses/domestic partners/and children, free short-term disability coverage, and a generous 403(b) retirement plan with 8% agency contribution!
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Visit our website for more information or to apply online - www.cccchs.org. (click on the word "join us" and "job opportunities.") You may also complete a PDF/paper application (found on our website or available by request) or send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or fax to 503-822-3687.