Mental Health Clinician (Full-Time)
School Based Youth Services Program
New Jersey Community Development Corporation
New Jersey Community Development Corporation is a multi-faceted community development and social service agency providing opportunities to transform lives in Passaic County. The School-Based Youth Services Program at PCTI is a comprehensive, one-stop shopping program designed to assist students prevent and combat problems affecting their personal, academic, social, emotional, and physical development in order to ensure that students graduate, become employable or continue their education, and are physically and mentally healthy and drug-free.
The Mental Health Clinician’s responsibilities include:
· Providing counseling to program participants ages 13-19 in individual and group sessions.
· Providing counseling to families of program participants, when indicated.
· Making referrals to community resources in the area of health, mental health, and substance abuse treatment as indicated.
· Developing professional relationships on behalf of the program with the wide-range of community and hospital-based mental health providers in order to better serve youth.
· Case management for youth who are referred to community resources, providing follow-up as necessary.
· Assisting in data collection for evaluation purposes.
· Assisting the Program Director, as needed.
Prospective applicants must have a knowledge of and belief in the philosophy of Positive Youth Development; previous experience working with youth and adolescents; strong clinical skills; and excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Bilingual (Spanish) skills are preferred. Computer skills are also essential, with experience with Microsoft Word, Access, and Excel. MSW or MA in counseling or psychology with appropriate state licensing credentials required. Attractive salary and benefits package will be provided.
New Jersey Community Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If Interested In Applying For This Position
Please attach your resume with a cover note telling us a little about yourself, your skills, and experience and apply to: