96 Lafayette Street
North Shore Community Development Coalition invests in neighborhoods to create thriving communities. We are a dynamic, hip, fun, art-centric non-profit based in Salem, Massachusetts. Our focus is on low-income and distressed neighborhoods that we’ve committed to transformational and sustainable revitalization. For more information, please visit us at www.northshorecdc.org.
Are you a rock star? North Shore CDC is seeking a dynamic, independent, driven, multi-talented marketing professional who will develop, refine, implement, and coordinate all aspects of North Shore CDC’s messaging for external and internal communications. This individual will also take on a multitude of special events, including the annual Dinner and Auction held every November. The Communications and Special Events Manager will be working with all of the Departments at North Shore CDC and will report to the Development Director.
- Generate and oversee all of North Shore CDC’s outward facing print and web materials, including website, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, press releases, brochures, and publications
- Coordinating several small scale and large scale events, especially the annual Dinner and Auction held in November
- Build meaningful relationships with followers, fans, and other online community members
- Grow, refine and implement North Shore CDC’s media presence, including television, radio, advertising, video, the Internet, newspapers, and magazines
- Ensure database mail/email lists are accurate and current for communication with constituents
- Collaborate with staff; manage systems for the gathering and organization of stories, quotes, photos, videos, and statistics
- Manage and assist with the timely production of all mailings (print and email) including, but not limited to annual solicitation letters, stewardship bi-annual newsletters, annual report, monthly e-newsletters, event invitations, etc.
- Continue to develop and implement North Shore CDC’s branding and design guidelines
- Develop annual plan for donor communications and events
- Aid the Development Director with Grant coordination
- Report on annual program activities and outcomes
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge, and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications, and public relations activities
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to use independent judgment, and produce a quality work product within tight time restraints
- 2-5 years of nonprofit experience in marketing, journalism or related field
- Experience managing donor databases (we currently use Salesforce) and proficiency with Google Business platform
- Highly organized and attentive to detail, with the ability to juggle multiple projects
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in journalism, communications, marketing, public relations, graphic design, or a related field
- Experience with WordPress
- Grant coordination
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
- Graphic design experience – Knowledge of Adobe Suite Highly Recommended
- Flexible and adapts well to a fast pace environment
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Passion for North Shore CDC’s mission
We offer a competitive salary that will commensurate with experience. We have a wonderful benefits package that includes health, dental and vision insurance, paid time off, paid sick days and 401k plans.
Level of Language Proficiency
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
Minimum Education Required