Homes for the Homeless (HFH) is expanding rapidly to continue its mission of providing homeless families with opportunities and support to transition into permanent housing. HFH helps create lasting solutions for families experiencing homelessness through self-sufficiency planning, goal setting, and achievement. We invite you to visit our website, www.hfhnyc.org, to learn more about our facilities and programs.
HFH is searching for a Human Resources Assistant to work out of our Manhattan office. The HR Assistant provides support for our HR team, including maintaining personnel files, updating documents, templates, utilizing ADP Workforce Now, and analytics. The HR Assistant also supports hiring managers across a broad range of departments at our residential facilities in the Bronx, Queens, and Staten Island.
This is an excellent opportunity for an entry-level HR professional to take ownership of the recruitment cycle – writing attractive job descriptions, maintaining candidate pools, working with hiring managers to understand their recruitment needs, and bringing new hires into the organization. Our ideal candidate is an outgoing team member across departments, has the polish to communicate diplomatically up and down the chain of command, and is keen on flexing their analytical skills.
- Help manage recruitment module in ADP Workforce Now.
- Coordinate with Director of Human Resources to ensure timely new hire registration and onboarding.
- Assist with phone screening, employment verifications, and interviews.
- Draft offer letters and make formal job offers to candidates via telephone.
- Build relationships with universities, alumni group, and other career developers.
- Post and edit job requisitions and job descriptions via ADP Workforce Now ATS on a regular basis.
- Attend seasonal job fairs, information sessions, and other hiring events.
- Assist employees with self-service features of ADP Workforce Now as needed.
- Help maintain personnel files and HR information in ADP Workforce Now.
- Compile data using ADP Workforce Now to develop reports and presentations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite: Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to work with large data sets for reporting purposes.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Familiarity with employment law, and human resources operations.
- Extremely proactive with a sense of urgency.
- High level of integrity and discretion.
- Knowledge of ADP Workforce Now Applicant Tracking Systems.
- 4-year related degree or a 2-year degree with 2 years of relevant experience.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits including comprehensive health insurance, employer-funded retirement benefits, Medical FSA, commuter benefits, life insurance, and ample vacation, holiday, personal and sick leave.
To apply, please find “Human Resources Assistant” on our online career center: http://bit.ly/HFHJobs
HFH has a strong EEO commitment and encourages applicants that will increase the diversity of our organization. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.
Minimum Education Required