The Manager, Consultant Team is responsible for ensuring effective delivery of CHI’s implementation, training and support services to CHI’s partner practices across the U.S. Primary responsibilities include supervising CHI’s team of consultants and maintaining the responsibilities of being a CHI Group Care Organizational Development Consultant.
The Manager, in fulfilling CHI Consultant responsibilities, is both expert in the clinical implementation of the Centering model and a skilled facilitation trainer. They are equally comfortable engaging with clinical staff and leadership to ensure that the systems changes required to meet CHI’s quality and sustainability expectations are achieved. They are skilled facilitators with the ability to transfer those skills to providers and clinical care teams tasked with providing Centering care. The position requires extensive travel with the Consultant conducting 2-4 events per month at sites around the country. This is a remote position and the candidate must be willing and flexible to travel throughout the U.S. and work on any day of the week.
Supervision Responsibilities: Supervise team of ~10 part-time Consultants, both salaried and hourly. This includes:
- Plan onboarding and training for new hires
- Provide ongoing training and educationfor all Consultants to ensure high quality delivery of services for CHI’s client practices, including communicating and supporting process changes and updates to Consultant’s daily work
- Performance monitoring and reporting to ensure staff are on track in achieving their annual target commitments and quality metrics, particularly ensuring consistency in high quality service delivery
- Plan for staffing and scheduling needs based on anticipated event volume
- Organize and facilitate monthly consultant team calls and bi-weekly huddles
- Assess individual consultant performance and conduct annual performance reviews
- Provide technical support fortravel logistics (expense report support, reconciling credit card charges)
- Manage, in conjunction with Director of Practice Services and Support, Consultant hiring and termination processes.
- Contribute to organizational project-based work, particularly around quality assurance of CHI’s services
- Provide timely, accurate, reliable communication including activity and productivity reports, expense reports, and responses to internal and external customers
- Other duties as assigned, which could include projects, additional consulting, additional events, etc.
Lead Facilitation Training
Develop the skills needed by clinical teams to facilitate Centering groups. The Consultant is responsible for:
- Leading workshops for clinical staff to teach and develop facilitation skills
- Providing or participating in training, evaluation, and coaching for new and developing trainers
Practice Site Consultation
Practices implementing group care contract with CHI for implementation support services. The Consultant will:
- Drive the implementation process to ensure that practices are meeting performance expectations and timelines established in CHI’s implementation protocols
- Provide guidance remotely and on-site for the system redesign of clinical practice settings to successfully adopt Centering group care models, including but not limited to physical modifications, patient flow, staffing, patient enrollment and evaluation
- Be an active and ‘visible’ resource to assigned practice sites and be readily available and responsive to all communication in a timely manner; understand the site’s demographics, unique circumstances, comparable settings, potential alliances, and regional activity
- Identify resistance and performance gaps that are obstacles to successful implementation and work with the practice site to develop corrective measures
- Perform Site Approval assessments through documentation review and an on-site visit to verify model fidelity and sustainability of the Centering model of care
Organizational and Project Responsibilities
Experience, Skills and Attributes
- Strong manager and coach, with 5+ years’ experience in a supervisory role
- Comfortable with healthcare delivery system norms, structures, vernacular
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of in person skills-based training experience preferably using a facilitative model
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in program implementation and systems change / redesign
- Experience managing change across all levels of an organization
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Must be willing and able to travel and have reliable access to major airport for national travel
- Bilingual candidates strongly encouraged to apply
- Strong computer and PowerPoint skills; able to learn new IT platforms and tools quickly and effectively use them in work processes
- Familiarity with Centering a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applicants should submit a resume with a one-page cover letter briefly summarizing their interest in and qualifications for the position to email@example.com. Please put “Manager,Consultant Team” in the subject line.