Under the general supervision of the Program Director, AIDS Services, the Program Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and overseeing administrative operations of the CUTLASS program. This position also supports the full-time phlebotomist. The CUTLASS program provides routine STI screening and linkage to care for persons incarcerated in Santa Clara County Jail. This role is responsible for contract administration and data management; works in conjunction with the Program Director, AIDS Services, and the lead SCC Custody Health clinician, to coordinate, evaluate, and oversee project data management and contract compliance. This position is a half-time (20 hr/week) position, and is term limited until June 30, 2022.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In cooperation with the Program Director assures compliance with administrative and clinical program standards.
- Oversees implementation, maintenance and/or updates to the databases for collecting and analyzing statistical client and financial data.
- Coordinates HIV/hepatitis screening project including planning, coordinating, prioritizing, monitoring and participating in the agency-wide program meetings regarding program activities;
- Provides administrative and technical direction to assigned program services staff to ensure compliance with various reporting requirements;
- Provides support to program staff on location in jail settings;
- participates in the design, preparation and distribution of program publicity including press releases, brochures, pamphlets, flyers and printed schedules for CUTLASS project
- Attends and participates in organizational and community meetings as necessary; stays current on issues relative to assigned programs and services; responds to and resolves community and organizational inquiries and complaints;
- Establishes positive working relationships with representatives of community organizations, state/local agencies, management and staff, clients and the public;
- Use a variety of information applications and databases to develop schedules and special reports.
- Responsible for data tracking and management of the CUTLASS project in Santa Clara County jails.
- Interfaces with clients as needed through CUTLASS in SCC jails; works closely with Custody Health to meet CUTLASS contract requirements.
- Models the philosophy of continuous performance improvement within THT-AS; works directly with the Program Director to ensure Utilization Review and Continuous Quality Assurance/Improvement needs are identified and addressed.
- Actively models and communicates THT mission and vision and supports a corporate culture of empowerment, team development, and open communication.
- Performs other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a health related field or related work experience.
- Minimum of two years of progressively responsible administrative experience.
- Experience with contracts and budgets.
- Experience with data pulling, scrubbing, and analysis – significant experience with Excel and other data management tools necessary.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE OF AND ABILITY TO:
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, exercise good judgment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work under short deadlines.
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office products/software.
- Systems analysis skills relevant to the management decision-making process.
- Strong interpersonal skills needed to communicate with various outside agencies, vendors, subcontractors, auditors, and senior personnel from regulatory agencies.
- Excellent communication and writing skills necessary in order to provide effective leadership for subordinate personnel and to develop and maintain a wide variety of internal and external working relationships.
- Employment background screening required.
This work will primarily be in the two SCC jail settings, Main Jail and Elmwood. Workspace will vary in the clinics to work on administrative duties and data entry. This work will also require assisting with disclosures and providing resources to newly positive patients in various housing unit interviews. There is also a cubicle available at THT’s AS client center if needed for additional administrative duties.
Reports to the Program Director, AIDS Services and the lead SCC Custody Health clinician.