About the position
The Case Manager will assist clients in obtaining public benefits; accessing detoxification, psychiatric and domestic violence prevention services; obtaining temporary and permanent housing; and performing holistic case management services that help families move from crisis to stability and, ultimately, self-sufficiency according to POTS Theory of Change.
Benefits applications: Assist clients in obtaining and maintaining cash and non-cash benefits such as Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP), WIC, Medicaid, Lifeline phones, SSI/SSD, SCRIE, DRIE. Help clients navigate access to various forms of temporary and permanent housing including supportive housing applications, nursing home applications, Section 8 re-certifications, and low-income housing applications.
Referral services: Provide access to services within and external to POTS including emergency food provision, clothing distribution, haircuts, a safe and secure mailbox, job training and placement programs, GED programs, detoxification centers, shelters, free income tax preparation, health care navigators, medical and psychiatric care centers, domestic violence prevention and assessment resources.
Client stabilization and case planning: For clients who seek more in depth services, the case manager will use the POTS Stability Index to develop a case plan that focuses on emphasizing family strengths and addressing the barriers to stability.
Client data management: Record and document interactions with clients. Follow-up with referral agencies to confirm that clients received the services they need. Keep client data safe and secure.
- Available to work every other Saturday
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to have complex conversations in Spanish
- Dedication to the mission and values of POTS
- Good customer service skills
- Willingness to be flexible and improvise
- Cultural competence and sensitivity to relate professionally with clients and their families
- Facility with Microsoft Office and database management software
· Knowledge of public benefits access in New York though work or internship experience
· Salary commensurate with experience
· All full-time employees receive comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
· Other benefits including 401(k) retirement plan and FSA plan
· Opportunities for professional development
Level of Language Proficiency
English and Spanish
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Case Manager.” The cover letter must include a description of the applicant's qualifications and salary requirements.