American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), a membership organization dedicated to the advancement of women's health care in Washington, DC, is currently seeking a talented IT Project Coordinator to aid in the execution of a wide range of projects, from simple activities to complex plans, to progress the organization's mission to advance women's health care. We are a close-knit, collaborative, strategic solutions delivery team. The IT Project Coordinator will administer and organize projects and activities and ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and meet high quality standards. Projects include both interdepartmental and cross-functional teams in all project phases from requirements definition and solution design to testing, deployment and end user training.
- Drive projects to successful completion (deployment, training, documentation, support) while working within the constraints and timeline of the business
- Perform task management, risk management, requirements gathering and testing
- Organize, attend and participate in stakeholder meetings
- Document and follow up on important actions and decisions from meetings
- Prepare necessary presentation materials for meetings
- Actively track each aspect of project performance against schedules, ensuring that milestones are being met and obstacles and issues are identified and brought to the designated team member to ensure that project goals are achieved
- Work with other IT Solutions Team members to develop plans/schedules/deliverables to meet delivery dates for Information Technology solutions serving as the coordinator or member of various projects
- Identify and escalate issues and risks early to minimize impact to the overall project schedule
- Communicate with business subject matter experts to ensure expectations are kept in line with project objectives & status
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports & recommending actions
- Manage the collection, analysis, validation, and documentation of business needs and requirements
- Facilitate requirements gathering discussions to capture, translate, analyze and summarize information presented by the participants into requirements
- Develop and maintain solid understanding of core technologies in use at ACOG
- Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of education & experience
- A minimum of two years of experience in related field
- Project Management certification strongly desired
- Excellent meeting facilitation and presentation skills required
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Visio
- MS Project experience/knowledge preferred
- Commitment to accomplishing goals within the defined timelines and meet project schedule deadlines
- Ability to work with others in a team environment and share technical capabilities within the organization
- Ability to take direction and work independently, or as part of a team, on assigned tasks
- Demonstrated history of superior communication skills, verbal and written, with diverse personalities and technical competency
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, able to meet deadlines, maintain objectivity, and make timely decisions
- Experience, and commitment to, providing exceptional customer service
- Self-motivated and directed with a keen attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
Home to more than 58,000 women's health care professionals, the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) is a membership organization leading advancements in women's health. When you become part of the ACOG team, you're part of an organization that values communicating evidence-based, peer-reviewed information about women's health to members and the general public. ACOG supports its members by maintaining authoritative clinical guidance, providing continuing medical education resources, patient education materials and more. Together with our members, we are working to transform the future of women's health by delivering a compelling member experience, supporting the ob-gyn profession, and advocating for improved women's health.
Paid Parental Leave – Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace – Flexible work schedule – Commuting Allowance – Generous Paid Time Off – Holiday Pay – Life Insurance – Community Volunteering Opportunities – Generous 401(k) Company Contributions – Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance – Learning Opportunities and Tuition Reimbursement – Company-Sponsored Team Outings – and more!
ACOG is an EEO employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. As a federal government contractor and in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and Executive Orders, the College takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees covered are not discriminated against because of their race, color, religion, national origin, sex (gender), age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic that is protected by applicable law. For more information about your equal employment opportunity rights, please view this poster: EEO is the Law. The College also participates in E-Verify.
Minimum Education Required