153 Needham Street
The School Administrator for the Newton Studio of Boston Ballet School (BBS) provides essential support to Boston Ballet’s (BB) daily operations, administration, and customer service for its educational programming. Boston Ballet serves a diverse and inclusive population across three school locations (Boston, Newton, and the North Shore town of Marblehead). As an integral part of the School’s administration, he/she reports to the Newton Studio Manager and works closely with the School Principals and leaderships.
He/she will act as the main point of contact for faculty, staff, and customers on nights and weekends during Boston Ballet School classes. He/she will maintain a positive, comfortable environment in the studio and communicate regularly to the Studio Manager. He/she will develop and maintain positive relationships with parents and students and assist the BBS team in enrolling and retaining prospective and existing customers.
The School Administrator works Tuesdays-Saturdays with evening work required. This position is considered non-exempt, hourly.
- Fosters positive relationships with existing and prospective education families. Provide ongoing support for customers, responds to their questions and needs by phone, email and in-person.
- Maintains student attendance records, including attendance book upkeep, recording absences, scheduling make-up classes and submitting monthly attendance reports.
- Prepares, schedules and follows-up with prospective customers on audition/registration results
- Assists with the collection, recording and processing of class tuition
- Administers adult open classes and related transactions – MindBody knowledge a plus
- Schedules and trains part-time Studio Administrators; covers Studio Administrator shifts as needed
- Advises on and recommends on process and efficiency improvements
- Handles office management needs including ordering office supplies, maintaining collateral materials, bulletin boards and office machines (copiers, printers)
- Collaborates with other departments including IT and Facility Maintenance (Production)
- Supports educational programmatic events (Open Houses, Parent Observation Week, Curriculum Nights, etc.) and other BB programs, events and activities as requested.
- Oversees monthly financial tracking and reconciliation
- Facilitates bi-weekly payroll processes
- Liaison with parent association and BBS management
- Supports both internal and external customer communications through a variety of channels including calendars, emails and signage
- Assists with the contracting and reporting of Studio Rental Program and BBS birthday parties
- Attends ongoing team meetings
- Other job-related projects as required
The successful candidate will be highly organized, proactive and demonstrate a positive, helpful attitude at all times in order to support the Newton Studio team and maintain smooth operations in a busy work environment. He/she will possess excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and be able to manage multiple priorities, while maintaining a professional demeanor. Must enjoy working with students and parents in an educational environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in arts management, education or related field, plus one year of professional work experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experiences with Tessitura a plus
- Enthusiasm about arts/dance education and sensitivity and caring attitude toward children
- Ability to proactively support and assist various job functions and work as a member of a team
Boston Ballet is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Commuter Choice Benefit Plan
- Paid Time Off – Holidays, Vacation Days, Personal Days, and Sick Days
- Free adult dance classes
- Complimentary tickets to Boston Ballet performances
Minimum Education Required