The Payroll Administrator supports and assists with all payroll functions, completing weekly payroll processing, adjustments, corrections and reporting as assigned. In addition, where needed, s/he manages the complete submission of payroll in the absence of the Payroll Manager.
- Support the preparation of weekly payrolls, assisting the Payroll Manager to ensure submission to Ceridian by the agreed upon deadline.
- Learn and understand the payroll-related specifications of our various services.
- Work with program managers and staff to research and address payroll issues that arise during weekly processing, such as variances in hours, approvals, or rates of pay.
- Complete training as needed to maintain full working knowledge of Dayforce system.
- Provide support to program staff to answer questions and address payroll inquiries on a daily basis.
- Work with the Payroll Manager, Ceridian customer support, and internal Dayforce administrators to address payroll-related system issues or updates as needed.
- Support the Payroll Manager in ensuring all payroll tax filings are completed.
- Participate in and support creation of W-2’s by January 31st each year.
- Prepare data necessary to pay all amounts deducted for wage garnishments.
- Ensure all pertinent information has been entered into the payroll system for accurate annual tax reporting.
- Perform gross-to-net payroll entries and the release and distribution of payroll checks.
- Provide proper compliance documentation to internal and external auditors as needed.
- Reconcile and balance taxable benefits as necessary.
- Work with the HR Benefits Manager to maintain compliance and correct calculations for employee 403b and benefit deductions.
- Associate’s degree in accounting or equivalent.
- 5 years or more experience with electronic payroll systems.
- Experience with Ceridian Dayforce strongly preferred, but other systems such as ADP accepted.
- Analytical and communication skills that enable research and resolution of issues with departments outside of payroll, including AP, Budgets and Contracts, and HR.
- Demonstrated accounting, bookkeeping, and project management experience.
- Driving License Required? No
Excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement/remission, paid vacation & holidays, sick time pay, and employee referral bonuses.
Minimum Education Required