CAMBA's MSM HIV Prevention Navigation Program, also known as Navigayte Brooklyn! Conducts outreach, education, and navigation/linkage services to at-risk populations in Brooklyn including 185 MSM of color regardless of HIV status. We will coordinate with other Brooklyn-based prevention and care service providers, including the existing Brooklyn-based testing collaborative, Brooklyn Knows, and clinics that are active in the PlaySure Network. Navigayte Brooklyn! Providing outreach through in-person, social media, and geosocial networking apps (i.e. Grindr, Jack'd, A4A) to reach men who have sex with men to promote HIV prevention, treatment, and supportive services. In doing so, our program will increase the number of people who know about PEP/PrEP, and increase their likelihood of starting and adhering to PEP/PrEP treatment, accessing HIV/ STI testing and treatment, achieving an undetectable HIV status, and maintaining primary health care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing outreach through in-person, social media, and geosocial networking apps (i.e. Grindr, Jack'd, A4A) to reach all relevant communities with a focus on men who have sex with men.
- Recruiting participants at high-risk for HIV into PrEP education and navigation services.
- Coordination of PrEP referral and linkage to care services; assistance to clients in finding a medical provider and navigating through medication payment
- Recruit high-risk gay and non-gay identified men who have sex with men (MSM) of color and their sex partners for individual HIV/STD/Hepatitis C testing, PEP and PrEP services and risk reduction counseling. Link YMSM to HIV, STD, and HCV testing and screening;
- Deliver HIV, STD, HEPC, PEP/PrEP messages to high-risk clients through hook-up apps, and the use of social media platforms;
- Deliver HIV, STD, HEPC, PEP/PrEP messages to high-risk clients through "hook-up" apps for gay men
- Link MSM to supportive services, such as housing, job development, and legal services;
- Accompany clients to appointments with internal and external services providers;
- Document and enter in reporting databases all encounters with clients;
- Attend all agency program staff meetings and required trainings; and
- Complete special projects, as assigned by Supervisor.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Strong socio-cultural identification with target communities required;
- Ability to identify and navigate internet websites where MSM of color meet their partners and conduct in-person outreach in various high-risk venues including bars/clubs, private sex parties, etc;
- Prior experience working with the HIV+/LGBTQ populations;
- Good written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English; knowledge of another language a plus;
- Experience with using social media and "hook-up" apps as an outreach tool.
To Apply or for More Info: This position is for immediate hire. Please email resumes to email@example.com
Minimum Education Required