Details: $15.00 - $17.50 / hour
1604 SW Clay St
CHNW is a not-for-profit organization that was started by students to support students in the areas of housing, academic success & personal development. As a community, we accomplish this mission by employing the shared cultural values of competence, collaboration, autonomy and positive impact. This is about innovation, constant evolution and development. Our employment positions are not static, and we fully expect that all staff will be learning, gaining skills and strengthening abilities to move up or out in the quest to make the world a better place.
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Team: Goose Hollow
Supported by: Maintenance Lead
Compensation: $15.00 - $17.50 / hour
Hours: 40 hours per week - 1.0 FTE
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the smooth operation and general facility maintenance to ensure the care and safety of Resident buildings.
Essential Job Functions
The information provided below encompasses the functions and capabilities linked with this position.
Responsible for maintaining CHNW properties and keeping them in safe, clean, and orderly condition:
- Performs basic carpentry, maintenance, and repair duties, as well as some minor plumbing and electrical repairs where a license is not required
- Installs and repairs fixtures, replaces and adjusts lighting, and may repair windows
- Maintains equipment necessary to perform work
- Routinely checks property management software for work orders to be completed
- Responsible for accurate inventory reporting and asset tracking
Responsible for facility support to student:
- Provides the highest level of service to students at all times
- Coordinates with internal maintenance staff and vendors to ensure that entire scope of cleaning, maintenance and on-call after-hours work is accomplished
- Participates in cross-training to build and share skills; asks for help and training when needed
- Gives input on budget and responsible for ordering supplies within the scope of budget
- Conducts periodic inspections and projects to determine and complete maintenance work required; reports observations to the Maintenance Coordinator
- Prioritizes one’s own development and engagement by participating in company trainings, activities, and events
- Collaborates with the rest of the Living Learning Community staff and resident council to provide a supportive environment where students can thrive
Performs additional duties as assigned
This position will be open until filled.
Learn more about us, including the communities we serve and the benefits we offer at http://chnw.org/
College Housing Northwest is proud to be committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce that drives innovation and opens access to various perspectives, ideas and backgrounds. As part of our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, College Housing Northwest provides equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic background, or any characteristic that is protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
CHNW’s full-time employee benefits include medical and dental, Health Flexible Spending Account, 401K match up to 5% of your salary, 15 paid vacation days a year, 9 paid holidays a year which include two floating holidays of your choice, as well as a generous amount of sick time to allow our employees to return to work as their healthy, happy and productive selves.
Level of Language Proficiency
Education & Experience Requirements:
- You possess 1-3 years of experience in maintenance/construction management
- You have intermediate to advanced knowledge related to electrical systems and fixtures, and plumbing
The individual in this position is expected to possess and utilize their:
- Customer Service Skills: You have proven experience delivering exceptional customer service in high-stress situations
- Teamwork Abilities: You’re able to work productively with the team and demonstrate collaborative communications and team problem-solving skills.
- Communication Abilities: You absorb and process what you hear and see quickly and communicate relevant information in a manner that is readily understood by the intended audience, including customers and team members.
- Critical Thinking Skills: When something doesn’t work, you are able to either fix the problem or find an effective and efficient workaround.
- Confidential Skills: You understand the importance of confidentiality and know when information of the highest level requires the utmost care and discretion
- Linguistic Abilities: You’re able to write, read, speak, and understand English. Additional linguistic knowledge is a plus.
- Critical Thinking Skills: You’re able to thoroughly assess situations and outcomes and are not afraid to ask for help along the way
Majority of work is performed within CHNW properties with some work performed outdoors. Work locations include interior apartments, exterior grounds, building common areas such as hallways, and lounge and reception areas as well as equipment, supplies and recycling areas. Work performed is predominately while standing and moving, with regular exposure to equipment noise. Minimal travel is required, 5% or less; travel is regional in scope requiring travel by driving; a valid driver’s license is required. Ability to work on weekends regularly and in a regular on-call rotation.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please visit: https://chnw.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=79