Details: Benefits and compensation commensurate with experience.
1951 NW 7 Avenue
VCM seeks a dynamic Partnerships & Impact Manager to identify, steward, and cultivate strategic relationships and development partnerships. The ideal candidate is skilled at building and managing partnerships across multiple stakeholder groups, as well as managing teams to achieve greater social impact. You are also both strategic and tactical, conceiving of new offerings and refining existing ones based on ongoing evaluation and feedback. You will serve as an ambassador of VCM to partners, corporate partners, donors and others.
You will also lead the development and implementation of an impact and evaluation strategy and execute that strategy across VCM’s programs and initiatives. You will play a critical role in determining how we define, measure, and communicate the impact of VCM’s work.
A cornerstone of Venture Café Miami is to launch programs that will help build a more inclusive innovation and entrepreneurial economy. You will be responsible for measuring the impact of the VCM’s programming and identifying opportunities to amply VCM’s role as an ecosystem builder in the region through funding support and partnerships.
Impact Evaluation Responsibilities
- In close coordination with the Executive Director and program managers, oversee continued development of impact and evaluation strategy, including defining long-term and short-term outcomes, developing evaluation methods and strategies, and setting key metrics and goals.
- Develop a rigorous set of program evaluation methodologies and establish an evaluation practice at VCM.
- Design and implement evaluation and/or monitoring protocols to augment existing data collections systems for core programs.
- Support program and initiative leads in determining performance and impact indicators, metrics, and goals.
- Develop data collection and analysis tools and systems, including working with data platforms, databases and select technologies to capture, organize, and analyze data.
- Contribute to the scoping and development of VCM’s internal ecosystem research and knowledge work.
- Provide program design and strategy support to new and frontier programs, including development of strategic impact and evaluation frameworks.
- Provide expertise in measurement and evaluation methodology and implementation to VCM team members, including ongoing coaching.
- Manage team members supporting your work, as necessary
- Craft winning proposals and pitch presentations, working closely with team members to bring leads to close
- Work in tandem with Venture Café Executive Director to build the Venture Café Miami brand and position it as a neutral, valuable player that complements existing initiatives.
- Work with team members to continually improve our value proposition and partnership offerings to meet partners’ strategic objectives and best serve VCM’s long-term mission
- Responsible for working alongside the Executive Director and Associate team members to forge new relationships with senior executives to help steer partner conversations to proposals and collaborative engagements.
- Development of strategic pipeline for sustainable growth that identifies key individuals, organizations, and partner prospects
- Balance work in the team office with being visible and engaged within the local innovation community, including attending events, meeting people, and building meaningful relationships.
- Manage and/or facilitate other Venture Café Miami programs and projects as needed
ur Background & Experience:
- You have been involved in innovation and/or entrepreneurship initiatives, impact evaluation or partnership role.
- You believe that innovation and entrepreneurship are instruments to improve the human condition, not ends themselves.
- You have a broad and interdisciplinary understanding of the innovation process, including its business and social components.
- You believe (or are at least open to the idea) that innovation and entrepreneurship take many forms beyond making apps and creating VC-funded startups.
- You are familiar with the Miami innovation community, its key players, and believe in its potential for growth. An extensive social network in this community is desirable, as well as the ability to build local partnerships.
- You have an understanding of Miami as a city, of its neighborhoods and of its urban economy.
- You understand Miami most pressing challenges (
- income inequality and unequal access to opportunity) and embrace them as opportunities for change and problem-solving.
- You are curious and perhaps familiar with the evolution of business, industry and technology, while having a humanistic perspective.
- A bachelor’s degree in any field. Advanced degrees add significant value. 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, including natural comfort with public speaking, in formal and informal settings. English fluency is required, Spanish or other languages is a bonus.
- Significant experience developing and managing monitoring, evaluation, and/or measurement programs, especially building new programs or projects.
- Strong experience with strategic planning and execution.
- Strong data and analytic capabilities, including a working understanding of data systems and management and data analysis
- Experience in survey design and experimental design, especially with an iterative focus
- Excellent relationship building skills, with an ability to influence and motivate people at all levels of an organization, including very senior-level professionals (founders, partners, CEOs, executive directors).
- You strive for a high-impact, low-ego working style and a deep commitment to mission and team.
- Experience in lead generation at senior levels, proposal writing, pipeline management.
- Experience in a client-facing role directly accountable for revenue and driving strategy (preferred)
- Understanding of how large organizations work and an ability to quickly speak the language of different companies, investors and/or foundations or national nonprofits
- Ability to work effectively in complex stakeholder environments. Enjoys and takes pride in being a doer, self starter and are comfortable in a nimble, fast-paced environment
We are a passionate team of community builders supported by an active and engaged group of volunteers committed to making Miami a true hub of innovation for all. We’re a growing team and looking for talented, purpose-driven individuals to join us. We offer competitive salaries, a dynamic work environment, amazing benefits and more.
Level of Language Proficiency
English fluency is required, Spanish or other languages is a bonus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Before submitting your application, be sure to review the corresponding job description. Please remember to complete you application online at: http://venturecafemiami.org/job-opportunities/ then send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Venture Café Miami’s policy is to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetics, or other protected classes prohibited by applicable law. Further, we take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. We do not tolerate discrimination of any type or form.