40 Rector Street
About BBBS of NYC
For over 110 years, Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York City (BBBS of NYC) has been supporting New York City's neediest youth, providing them with the support and guidance of a one-to-one mentorship, which is overseen by the agency's team of program managers. We reach over 4,000 students every year through partnerships with schools, local organizations, and government agencies. Together we work towards our vision: that all children achieve success in life.
Our mission is to provide children facing adversity in New York City with strong and enduring, professionally supported 1-to-1 mentoring relationships with adults that change their lives for the better, forever. We partner with families, volunteers, organizations and the community to inspire positive change in all.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree Required in Social Work, Human Services, or Psychology
- Experience: 2 years of social work experience working with youth preferred
- Ability to provide effective interviewing, assessment and case management skills
- Ability to comply with applicable child safety requirements
- Ability to promote an inclusive, welcoming, and respectful mentoring environment that embraces diversity
- Ability to manage caseloads and effectively work with clients
- Must have excellent organizational, oral & written communications skills
- Must be proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel, & Outlook
- Bilingual Spanish Preferred (reading, writing and speaking)
- Supervise a caseload of clients and volunteers to achieve mutually successful mentoring experiences.
- Provide on-going phone, email and in person supervision and support to mentors, mentees and parents.
- Maintain and document professional records of all supervision contacts. Monitor closely for safety, program compliance, goal achievement and program satisfaction; immediately address and resolve issues that may arise.
- Regularly evaluate youth clients based on agency guidelines and specific program goals to assess outcomes.
- Lead educational and recreational group activities and/or special projects for mentoring pairs and parents based on emerging needs.
- Act as advocate for youth and families by providing referrals, crisis intervention, and other additional resources.
- Conduct client and parent psychosocial interviews, write assessments and collect supporting information from collaborating agencies, schools, etc. to determine disposition based on eligibility, needs, goals, and/or acceptance for agency services.
- Identify and communicate qualitative and quantitative success within the organization.
- Perform other agency and program related duties as needed.
We offer a competitive salary & a comprehensive benefits package including retirement, medical, dental, vision, life insurance and generous paid time off.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual English and Spanish is preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to apply: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be reviewed. Please include “Associate Program Manager-Bilingual Spanish" in the subject line.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of NYC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/AA employer.