If you are looking for an organization where your gifts, talents, skills and abilities contribute to a greater cause, join our team.
Our Mission: Ending modern slavery through education, advocacy and empowering survivors of human trafficking.
About Us: The Coalition to Abolish Slavery and Trafficking (CAST) is a Los Angeles–based nonprofit organization that is working to put an end to modern slavery and human trafficking through comprehensive, lifesaving services to survivors and a platform to advocate for groundbreaking policies and legislation. Over the past two decades, CAST has supported thousands of survivors through every phase of their journey to freedom from counseling, to legal resources, to housing, educational and leadership training and mentorship. Through these programs, CAST has helped empower survivors to overcome their traumatic pasts and become leading voices in shaping policy and public awareness to ultimately put an end to the fastest growing criminal enterprise of the 21st century.
CAST offers generous benefits, including medical, life, disability, paid sick/vacation time, and a 403(b) plan. Additionally, we provide you an opportunity to work with a team of committed individuals, where you are supported and given every chance to succeed.
CAST has an immediate opening for an OPERATIONS MANAGER in our Los Angeles Office.
This position is responsible for human resource administrative function, systems management, office administration and facility management/coordination.
Analysis skills Excellent Organizational Skills
Experience Accountability/Follow Through
Integrity Interpersonal Relationship Building Skills
Customer Focus Trustworthy/Trusting
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Vendor management
- Oversee all organization, purchasing and negotiate lease agreements with copier suppliers, building managers, office supply
- Responsible for all organizational insurance management
- Manage and oversee all organization insurance policies (work comp, general liability, etc.)
- Responsible for overseeing and driving employee engagement
- Oversee and manage the Performance Review Process through Bamboo HR. Support managers and employees in the process. Hold managers accountable to meeting deadlines.
- Human resources, recruiting, hiring and orienting new employees, HR compliance, workers compensation claims, process terminations
- Managing CAST comprehensive benefit package and benefits administration
- Leading the employee development training initiatives
- Oversee employee retention and development
- Lead drive of Bamboo HR (HRIS System)
- Ensuring all month –end remittances of source documents (timesheets, payment requests, reports and HR Documents)
- Procurement and maintenance of computer hardware in conjunction with ITConsultant
- Serve as the point of contact for IT Consultants
- Information Systems management – Key contact for internet systems for CAST to include CAST services data base (Quick Base), Bamboo HR (HRIS System), ADP Payroll System
- Implementation of internal communications/intranet that serves as the primary communication channel
Routine Duties And Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to the executive team.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Responsible for supervising Receptionist Trainees and Operations Assistant. Responsible for hiring, performance planning and development, corrective action, work assignments, employee relation issues, and terminations.
This position reports to the COO.
Ability to work well with other employees, consultants, and vendors.
This position requires a moderate level of decision-making ability.
- Intermediate to advance knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with and managing HRIS system and integration of multiple systems, data importing and exporting. (ADP and Bamboo HR preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience managing cloud-based database systems. Ability to move data across multiple platforms.
Education And/Or Experience
Required: At least 5 years’ experience to successfully perform this job. Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Required: SHRM Certification, Valid Driver’s License
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
BODY POSITIONS: Includes sitting, standing, walking, finger dexterity, reaching with hands and arms, and use of hands and arms to operate office equipment. Includes occasional climbing or balancing; and stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
BODY SENSES: Must have command of the senses of sight, hearing, speech, taste or smell, and touch. Must be able to see (20/20 vision with glasses) and hear (with mechanical assistance if necessary) sufficient to understand and comprehend individual one-on-one conversations. Vision requirements must be sufficient to shift in focus from computer screens to close forms.
This position will be working primarily indoors in a climate controlled office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Salary range is $60,000 - $65,000 depending on experience.
CAST is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination because of age, race, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability. Please visit https://cast.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=22 to apply for this position.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please visit https://cast.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=22 to apply for this position.