Details: Commensurate with experience
Department or Director(s): Information Technology
Location: Orlando, Florida
Bargaining Unit: UUHS – Level 2
Reports to: Technology Director
Under the general direction of the Technology Director, the Sr. Technical Specialist provides technical and educational support to UNITE HERE’s on-site and remote PC and Mac users to answer questions, resolve issues, and increase end user productivity with minimal downtime.
Job Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
· Handle Tier 1 help desk escalations through tickets or phone.
· Responds to, updates, and completes trouble tickets in system used to track request calls and dispositions.
· Provides ongoing support to PC and Mac users in the daily use of the systems implemented, including, but not limited to: training users, answering questions, and suggesting methods to increase user productivity.
· Escalates issues and acts as a liaison between users and appropriate upper tier support technician if unable to resolve requests.
· Evaluates and analyzes requests for computer hardware and software to be purchased and/or added to one of UNITE HERE’s local area networks. Orders equipment and/or related supplies on behalf of end users.
· When time permits, assists in the implementation of database applications. Implementation phases include systems design, development and modification, testing, documentation, training and post implementation review.
· Support audio and video equipment in conference rooms and provide troubleshooting for remote staff.
· Maintain and monitor internal/external assets to ensure accurate inventory records.
· Education or equivalent experience: BS in Computer Science/Information Technology/Network Engineering/CIT/Computer Engineering/Systems Engineering, Apple Certified iOS Technician, and work experience troubleshooting PCs and MACs in a high-pressured office environment.
· Specialized knowledge or skills: Extensive knowledge of networks, hardware, printers, MS software, applications, and operating systems, cloud computing, and IT Service Management (ITSM).
· Additional qualifications: Interested in improving productivity with computers; excellent hardware and software troubleshooting, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
· Required attributes: Excellent communication skills. Must be able to listen, understand, and speak with clarity to figure out the problem and to be able to explain the solution, if necessary.
· Enthusiastic about being part of an organization that improves the lives and well-being for more than 270,000 hardworking individuals.
· Overnight travel is required: Approx. 20%
· Driver license required.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Superior analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities.
· Union experience preferred.
· Able to work effectively in a team environment.
· Can communicate clearly and effectively with business end-users.
Being part of UNITE HERE means having a comprehensive benefit package. If hired, you will have health, dental, pharmacy and vision to you and your family at no cost to you. Also, you will have 3 weeks paid vacation, 1 week personal and 8 sick days. Furthermore, an employer paid pension plan along with a 401k plan, life insurance (3x your annual salary), ADD, Medical FSA, Dependent Care FSA, pre-tax transit discount plan, 8 paid holidays in the year and three extra days off of your choosing.
Minimum Education Required