Details: Salary is commensurate with demonstrated experience and abilities.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Our programs help participants successfully transition from incarceration to stable and productive lives. Across the United States, over 5,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that support themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s has grown into the leading national reentry employment organization in the country. Through CEO, over 17,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. Over the past 5 years, CEO expanded nationally into thirteen cities in New York, California, Oklahoma, and Pennsylvania, and will continue to grow further in the next three years.
Who We’re Looking For
CEO is currently seeking a Regional Operations Coordinator to coordinate office and transitional job site operations for CEO’s Memphis, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, and Harrisburg offices. They will ensure effectiveness and efficiency of office operations in the areas of procurement, invoicing, fleet management, facility management and workplace safety, and provide additional capacity to local CEO teams.
The Regional Operations Coordinator will also support CEO work crews that provide maintenance, janitorial, and groundskeeping services to our customers. Work crews are comprised of CEO participants and supervised by CEO site supervisors providing participants with the opportunity to gain valuable experience while also building skills and knowledge to support transition into full-time employment. This position will support CEO’s site supervisors and participants, helping ensure their safety, smooth and seamless travel to/from sites and operations on site, and sound fiscal decisions in relation to management of the site.
This is a new role at CEO and an exciting opportunity as the individual hired will be expected to shape the position by making recommendations and adjustments to the job responsibilities and scope of support based on their experiences, efficiency reviews, and feasibility assessments.
Key responsibilities of the Regional Operation Coordinator include but are not limited to the following:
Work Site Support
- Develop safety and crisis management policies and procedures
- Create and maintain schedules for van and trailer maintenance
- Submit and process tool, equipment, and supply orders
- Research vendors and support scheduling for van, trailer, and equipment repairs
- Manage incident and injury reports and process workers comp claims; develop and manage rosters of urgent care facilities for sites
- Prepare invoices for new crews
- Invoice customers on a monthly basis; produce reports to accompany invoices
- Manage equipment budgets
- Manage office supply orders, ensuring adequate supply levels within budget
- Submit and sign off on all purchase orders for supplies
- Locate and hire contractors for office maintenance and repairs
- Conduct outreach to local vendors, get bids, secure services, and coordinate projects according to the needs and schedules of each office
- Coordinate all office furniture and equipment purchasing and set-up
- Support CEO’s finance team with invoice management
- Assist with special projects as needed
Who You Are
- You come to CEO with 1-3 years of operations support, coordination, and/or management experience and are eager to apply your experience and skill set to drive results within a mission-driven, social justice-minded nonprofit organization
- You’re a strong project manager and independent worker with the ability to maintain oversight of the details as you coordinate many moving pieces and projects
- You’re an excellent communicator (verbal and written) and you operate with ease in collaborating, liaising, and negotiating with external vendors
- You’re a self-starter with the ability to anticipate and solve problems as they come
- You’re comfortable with technology and possess a strong aptitude and ability with the Google Suite, Salesforce CRM, and Microsoft Excel
- You’re able to travel up to 20-30% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
More About Us
CEO is a diverse team working to advance economic opportunity for people returning home from incarceration. We welcome diversity, and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. Learn more at ceoworks.org.
CEO is an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
CEO team members can receive health coverage, paid parental leave, access to a retirement plan, sick and vacation time, paid holidays, and more.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your application materials, including a resume and cover letter, using the link provided. Please note: our application portal is optimized for use with Google Chrome.