349 East 149 St
POSITION: Program Manager, Coaching
LOCATION: New York
REPORTS TO: Regional Program Director
SUPERVISES: Volunteer Master of Social Work student coaches
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION
Founded in 1998, LIFT is a national nonprofit that empowers families to break the cycle of poverty. We operate program sites in four major cities – Chicago, Los Angeles, New York and Washington, D.C. – where we connect hardworking parents and caregivers of young children to the people, tools and resources they need to achieve greater economic security and well-being. We believe that by investing in families during children’s earliest years, we can break the cycle of intergenerational poverty. To learn more, visit www.liftcommunities.org.
LIFT is at an exciting moment in its organizational trajectory. Having recently launched a new four-year strategic plan, we are expanding our team. We are looking for entrepreneurial, results-driven relationship builders who are committed to LIFT’s mission and values.
This role is an exciting opportunity for an experienced clinician to ensure the parents LIFT serves receive excellent support. The Program Manager will grow partnerships with Schools of Social Work in order to recruit, train and supervise outstanding Master of Social Work (MSW) students to provide high-quality career and financial coaching to families. The Program Manager will also contribute to improving LIFT’s coaching practice, working in collaboration with Coaching Managers across LIFT’s four regions to identify and package best practices, both those that emerge through practice and those from within the industry, in order to ensure that LIFT’s services are on the cutting edge of coaching techniques in the sector.
AS A COACHING MANAGER, YOU WILL:
• Build and maintain strong relationships with local Schools of Social Work in order to effectively recruit MSW students
• Develop and facilitate outstanding trainings for coaches in partnership with the National Program Team
• Provide hands-on ongoing training and supervision to MSW students as part of their licensure program
• Serve as an expert resource on career and financial coaching practices, tools and products for LIFT staff and volunteers as they work with parents
• Provide some coaching services directly to parents, through one-on-one meetings and/or workshops, in order to remain grounded in the work
• Share learnings with local and national program staff to ensure ongoing improvement of LIFT’s approach
• Monitor quality of local program data collection and making adjustments in data collection strategies as needed, with support from LIFT’s National Program Team
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
• Master’s degree in Social Work plus at least 2 years’ work experience post-MSW graduation required in order to supervise MSWs
• New York Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) licensing required in order to supervise Master of Social Work students
• Minimum 2 years’ experience working or volunteering in low-income communities; experience working with families and in the fields of workforce development, post-secondary education and/or financial capabilities is a plus
• You have a track record as a strong manager; you are able to balance empathy and accountability in order to drive high performing teams.
• You are a skilled manager and leader who is able to quickly identify areas for improvement based on quantitative and qualitative data, and provide actionable guidance to correct behavior.
• You have experience working with an outcome-based program, using data to drive performance improvement strategies for both program services and direct reports; you actively use data to corroborate or challenge your assumptions.
• You are highly organized and detail-oriented; you are able to execute on multiple priorities and manage multiple stakeholders.
• You are a clear and compelling communicator who enjoys rallying the troops around a common goal.
• Spanish proficiency preferred; at a minimum, the ability to understand and to make one’s self understood to all Spanish speaking individuals
• Seminar Training in Field Instruction (SIFI) certification preferred
LIFT does not make hiring decisions on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, age, disability, religion, political affiliation, or ideology.
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to a competitive annual salary, LIFT provides an attractive benefits package that includes employer-paid health care coverage, a 403(b) retirement plan including an employer match contribution, partial cell phone coverage, and pre-tax accounts for transit, health, and childcare benefits. LIFT also provides a generous paid-time-off policy, including a one week company-wide vacation over the winter holidays.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish proficiency preferred; at a minimum, the ability to understand and to make one’s self understood to all Spanish speaking individuals
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified individuals, please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com. Please include your full name in the subject line.