Details: Part Time Non Exempt Position
55 North Broad Street
Objectives: The Office Manager will manage all activities of the main church office and perform administrative duties related to the church’s operation. This is a part-time non-exempt position.
- Generate and prepare the weekly worship planner, worship bulletin, and PowerPoint presentation.
- Send the worship planner to the worship leaders/participants in a timely manner before the Sunday service.
- Communicate with and assist in recruiting scripture readers and worship leaders.
- Maintain and update the weekly Prayer Requests and Memorial Prayer lists.
- Prepare and publish the weekly e-newsletter
- Maintain the church listserv.
- Prepare and send out notices about church events, including mail, email, etc.
- Maintain the church’s presence on social media, including Facebook and the church’s website.
- Generate flyers, posters and banners to promote upcoming events.
- Update the phone message to announce special events such as funerals, etc.
- Assist with the preparation, editing and production of the printed newsletter.
- In the absence of a volunteer, send acknowledgment letters to persons making special offerings and donations.
- Prepare check requests for all church bills.
- Review credit card expenditures and provide notations for bookkeeping purposes.
- Receive members and guests in a professional manner, providing information and support as needed.
- Answer phone calls and route calls as appropriate.
- Check and respond to mail, emails, and phone messages in a timely manner, distributing to appropriate persons as appropriate.
- Notify the clergy/deaconess when critical information is received including, deaths, hospitalizations, surgeries, serious accidents, births, etc.
- Organize, maintain, and manage the church calendar, including scheduling for programs, weddings, funerals, and use of the facility by outside groups.
- Print and prepare mailings as needed.
- Prepare the annual Charge Conference Report booklet.
- Prepare the certificates and gifts for baptisms and membership.
- Save printed and digital copies of all committee reports in the church’s actual and cloud based archives.
- Update and maintain all membership and household records in the church database and appropriate paper files. Prepare a directory of the congregation as needed.
- Send a welcome letter (with a pastor’s signature) to all visitors.
- Maintain wedding, funeral and building use policies for distribution as needed.
- Maintain the office copier and other office equipment and obtain service as needed.
- Order and maintain office supplies and equipment.
- Maintain and organize the reception area so that it is warm and welcoming.
- Gather liturgy, announcements and participant information for weekly church bulletins and eblast. Prepare, print and fold weekly church bulletins for distribution during worship.
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Process payroll bi-weekly for church staff maintaining all timesheet records.
- Recruit, schedule, and train volunteer office help.
- Consult with ministry team to provide assistance as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications: The Office Manager will need to be patient, reliable, have an attention to detail, and possess good listening skills. The position also requires a high level of efficiency, flexibility, and discretion. This person should hold a high school diploma. Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Strong written communication skills are a plus. Knowledge of office equipment, such as computer, copier, scanner, printer, and office phone systems is required. This person also will be self-motivated, able to work independently without supervision, good at multi-tasking and prioritizing projects.
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter with resume and three current references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Details: This position is a part-time position. Work schedule will be Monday – Friday, 5 hours per day (i.e. 10am to 3pm) for a total of 25 hours per week. This person may be asked to work additional hours during special activities upon suggestion by the SPRC and/or pastor. The Office Manager will work under the direct supervision of the Staff Parish Relations Committee and report on a day to day basis to the Senior Pastor. This position receives 2 weeks of paid vacation and 6 sick days per year.
Minimum Education Required